Commercial Property for sale3 The Courtyard, Rothay Road, Ambleside LA22 0EE
Sold by Us £18,000
- Fully operational café premises
- 459 sq ft of ground floor space plus courtyard
- Prominent location with onsite car parking
- A wonderful opportunity in bustling Ambleside
Location From Waterhead, proceed north on Lake Road passing Hayes Garden World; turn left into Wansfell Road and take the right hand lane, at the junction at the bottom of the hill turn right onto the one-way system into Rothay Road and the retail/office premises can be found a short way long on the left hand side. There is car parking provision for the units in the compound to the right of the building with access off the lane which leads to the adjacent public car park.
Description This lovely ground floor café is superbly placed in an attractive courtyard of three units positioned in a prominent eye-catching location at the gateway into Ambleside from the south, adjoining White Platts Park.
Ambleside is always bustling with a year-round tourist industry as well as a thriving population which includes those studying at the University of Cumbria.
This outstanding location is splendidly placed on the main route into Ambleside and whilst there are two private onsite car parking spaces, plus visitor parking, the Miller Bridge public car park is located immediately alongside. Those visiting Ambleside on foot from the passenger ferry terminal at Waterhead on Lake Windermere will inevitably pass right in front of The Courtyard and this site will be the first point of refreshment found on reaching the village centre
Ambleside is a beautiful market town at the hub of the Lake District National Park located at the head of Lake Windermere and offers a wide variety of facilities including a school, university, a range of cinema screens and shops all surrounded by beautiful Lakeland scenery.
The premises are fully-equipped and will be fully operational from day one of the assignment of the lease and offers a rare opportunity in a superb setting.
Open Plan Retail Area (459 square feet) Having a large L-shaped retail area (6.11m x 5.20m) max plus (3.68m x 2.67m) having a large picture window and two glazed doors onto the courtyard and downlighters. This area comfortably sits 16, but could easily accommodate more by swapping the couch for tables for example.
The café comes fully-equipped and ready for immediate use with:
- A serving counter.
- 6 tables, 18 chairs and a couch.
- A further 4 tables, 8 chairs and 3 picnic benches (with 2 parasols) for outside use.
- Coca Cola drinks chiller, Williams upright fridge-freezer and 2 Curry's under-counter fridges.
- Stainless steel Williams Bench (with refrigerator unit), 2 stainless steel tables (one with can opener) and tab grabs.
- Tamsik hotplate with extractor over, 2 Gastrotek electric ovens and a Quattro microwave.
- 2 Breville Panini presses, a Dualit toaster and Parry pie warmer.
- Iberital two-group coffee machine and Cuisinart coffee grinder.
- SAM45 programmable till.
- Ample plates, bowls, cups, glasses and cutlery.
- Dresser and shelving.
- Stainless steel dual sink unit, a separate stainless steel wash hand basin and Ariston water heater.
WC Having a Saniflow toilet and wash hand basin with Heatrae Sadia water heater, extractor and mirror over.
Outside The café enjoys the use of the courtyard area to the front of the property (partly shared with the pressed juice bar next door), which comfortably seats 20. Having outdoor lighting and finished with slate chippings and having raised flowerbeds.
Also having two private car parking spaces and customer parking at the side of the property.
Tenure Leasehold for a term of 5 years and with a rent of £9,000 per annum.
We understand that a small service charge will be levied in addition to the rent to cover the maintenance of the common areas including the courtyard, car parking etc.
Business Rates This property has a rateable value of £2,450.00, for which £1,185.80 is payable in 2016/17. South Lakeland District Council.
Viewings Strictly by appointment with Hackney & Leigh Ambleside Office.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 100251012969. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hackney & Leigh, Ambleside. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.