5 bedroom detached house for saleMayfield Grange, Little Trodgers Lane, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
Guide Price £1,050,000
- substantial family home with country views
- rural gated development
- within 7 miles of Tunbridge Wells
- 5/6 bedrooms
- 3,625 sq ft
- 2 double reception rooms
- kitchen/breakfast room
- landscaped rear garden
- integral garage and driveway parking
- EPC Rating = C
A substantial family home offering adaptable accommodation arranged over 4 floors set in a rural gated development under 7 miles South of Tunbridge Wells
Mayfield Grange is located about 1.4 miles from the historic village of Mayfield, with its thriving community and local amenities including a convenience store with post office, chemist, dry cleaner, dentist, doctors' surgery, osteopath, hairdresser, delicatessen, patisserie, butcher, pubs, cafés and boutiques. Tunbridge Wells (about 6.7 miles) offers more extensive cultural, entertainment and shopping attractions and there is a good choice of supermarkets in Heathfield, Crowborough and Tunbridge Wells.
State and private schools: Mayfield has its own well-regarded primary school as well as the independent Mayfield School for girls. Further schools in the area include Skippers Hill Preparatory School in Five Ashes, Bricklehurst Manor in Stonegate and Vinehall in Robertsbridge. Wadhurst, Crowborough and Heathfield have community colleges. There are public schools in Tonbridge and Eastbourne and grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Mainline rail: Crowborough (at Jarvis Brook, about 4.7 miles), has services to London Bridge with journey times of about 1 hour. Wadhurst (about 5.5 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (about 7 miles) have services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street from 50 minutes (Tunbridge Wells to Charing Cross).
Communications: The A21 is accessible via Tunbridge Wells, providing a direct link to the M25 and thereby to the national motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the Channel Tunnel terminus.
Lower ground floor
- open plan family room/playroom
- study/guest room with en suite shower room
- storage room
- utility room
- entrance hall
- double reception room opening to a decked balcony
- kitchen/breakfast room
- 4 double bedrooms (2 en suite)
- family bathroom
- master bedroom suite with open plan dressing area and bathroom
- integral garage
- landscaped garden
- in total about 0.19 acres
- communal grounds
- EPC = C
Mayfield Grange is a small community of modern luxury houses and apartments providing secure and convenient country living on the rural outskirts of the historic village of Mayfield. The properties are set within the superb grounds of the Grade II listed former Mayfield College, designed by E W Pugin.
Built in 2010, 17 Mayfield Grange is a well-proportioned five bedroom detached family house enjoying a rural outlook to the rear and an adaptable layout. The accommodation benefits from high ceilings and is well presented, with a stylish contemporary finish including wood internal doors, architraves and skirtings throughout and brushed steel fittings. Further points of note include:
- light and well-proportioned open plan drawing/dining room partly divided by a dual-aspect gas fire and with two sets of double French doors to a decked balcony overlooking the rear garden;
- kitchen/breakfast room fitted with high gloss wall and base units, quartz worktops, integrated appliances and an island unit incorporating a breakfast bar;
- the layout of the principal lower ground floor accommodation mirrors that of the ground floor, with a dual-aspect fireplace dividing the playroom from the family room, both of which have access via glazed double French doors to the garden. A study/occasional bedroom, en suite shower room, storage room and utility room are also on this level;
- the bedrooms are arranged over two floors, with four double rooms, two en suite, and a family bathroom on the first floor and an excellent open plan master suite on the top floor, featuring a dressing area with built-in wardrobes and a well-appointed bathroom with a separate WC.
The property is approached from the communal road over a stone path leading to the front door, with parking to each side and border beds planted for year-round texture and form.
The garden lies to the rear of the property and is arranged on two main levels, sloping down towards the rear boundary with mature woodland and a pond beyond. A curved area of lawn lies just behind the house, flanked by mixed border beds and a woodchip play area, with a specimen oak encircled by a timber tree seat forming a focal point at the far end. Flagstone steps set in a sweeping retaining wall lead down either side of the tree to a split-level outdoor entertaining area incorporating a generous deck with an outlook over the neighbouring countryside.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water and electricity and private drainage. Details of service/maintenance charges relating to the communal grounds and facilities are available from the office.
Zurich guarantee: The property benefits from the remaining 10 year guarantee from 2010.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Tax Band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any area s, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,625 sq ft
Acreage: 0.19 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells head South on the A267 through Frant and Mark Cross. Having left Mark Cross, take the first road on the left, signposted 'Lake Street', and Little Trodgers Lane is the first road on the right.
The double wrought iron gates to Mayfield Grange will be found about 0.4 miles along on the left-hand side. Having passed through the gates, keep left and take the first entrance on the left, immediately after the first house. Bear round to the right and 17 Mayfield Grange is the third house on the left-hand side, with a white-rendered facade.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62471738.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS140032. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.