3 bedroom bungalow for saleStrawberry Close, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
Sold STC £645,000
- well-presented detached bungalow
- 3 bedrooms
- open plan kitchen/reception areas
- 2 bathrooms
- 1,335 sq ft
- delightful West-facing garden
- choice of terraces
- garage and off-street parking
- EPC Rating = E
A well-presented bungalow offering light and spacious accommodation on the favoured South side of Tunbridge Wells
Strawberry Close is a no-through residential road backing onto woodland, tucked away off Broadwater Down, on the South side of Tunbridge Wells. The High Street and mainline station are within about 1.5 miles and the town offers an extensive range of shops, restaurants, bars and two theatres. The historic Pantiles are about a mile away and the Woodland Trust's Hargate Forest, with its network of walking trails, can be accessed nearby from Broadwater Down.
State and private schools: Many well-regarded schools in the area include St Mark's C of E Primary, The Mead preparatory school and a choice of grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 1.5 miles) with regular services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street from 50 minutes.
Communications: The A21 is accessible just North of Tunbridge Wells, linking to the London M25 orbital and thereby the national motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the Channel Tunnel terminus.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room
- utility area
- master bedroom en suite
- 2 further bedrooms
- family bathroom
- detached garage
- off-street parking
- about 0.23 acres
- EPC = E
1 Strawberry Close is a beautifully-presented detached bungalow in this sought-after area, well placed for the station, High Street and Pantiles. The property offers well-proportioned, light and bright accommodation with good ceiling heights and offers ideal entertaining space thanks to the open plan kitchen and reception areas with direct access out to the garden terrace. Further points of note include:
- kitchen/breakfast room with a delightful outlook to the front and painted wall and base units under granite-covered work surfaces. Utility area with space for appliances and a door leading out to the side garden;
- triple-aspect 30'11" sitting room featuring double French doors with expansive glazed panels to each side leading out to the garden terrace, creating a light and airy garden room feel. A more tucked-away area lies to the far end of the sitting room, still benefitting from a lovely outlook over the garden;
- master bedroom with fitted cupboards and a well-appointed en suite shower room;
- two further bedrooms, one with a fitted cupboard, and a family bathroom complete the accommodation.
The property is set back from the road behind a gently sweeping lawn crossed by a brick footpath flanked by neat rows of low evergreen hedging, creating an attractive approach to the house. A driveway to the rear of the house provides off-street parking in front of a detached garage.
The sheltered West-facing rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with two brick-paved terraces, linked by a path spanning across the rear of the house, offering a choice of areas for outdoor living and entertaining. The boundaries are well-screened by brick walling, hedging and fencing softened by border beds planted for colour, texture and seasonal interest lending a good degree of privacy, with mature specimen trees giving an established feel.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax band F.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,335 sq ft
Acreage: 0.23 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, head South on the A26 (London Road). Having passed under the railway bridge, take the second turning left into Broadwater Down, just after Court Royal on your left and before leaving the 30 mile an hour speed restriction. Strawberry Close is the first turning on the right, after about 180 yards, and number 1 is the first house on the right-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62484713.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160382. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.