4 bedroom detached house for salePenistone Road, Hade Edge, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Sold STC £595,000
This is an exceptional new-build property on a large plot with an adjoining third of an acre paddock, together totalling just over half an acre. The paddock could easily be used as an extension to the garden and would create a superb large garden if grazing land is not required. The house enjoys spectacular views to the front looking across Boshaw Whams (the home of Huddersfield Sailing Club) to the rolling hills in the distance. With its traditional exterior and contemporary interior, this architect designed property has been built to a very high standard, with luxury fixtures and fittings, and incorporates many energy saving features that help minimise carbon emissions whilst giving enhanced comfort levels and very low running costs.
It has achieved an exceptionally good Energy Performance Certificate rating of A (95) and has been nominated for an award in the national Excellence in Building competition by the local building control department. This could be the perfect family home; the beautiful village setting is both scenic and convenient with many outdoor activities quite literally on the doorstep. There are excellent local facilities, and the home is in the catchment area for highly regarded primary and secondary schools, as well as being superbly placed for easy commuting to Sheffield (20 miles) Manchester (25 miles) & Leeds (28 miles) which can all be reached by car in around 30 minutes.
Property ref: 121_1999_4165808
The contemporary interior is designed to provide a good flow between living rooms, and benefits from an abundance of natural light. The stylish kitchen with its island unit/breakfast bar and polished granite worktops is open-plan to the adjoining family dining area/sunroom with its galleried ceiling, creating a large airy and practical space for family living. This space can be open or closed to the sitting room courtesy of glazed double doors, which when open creates a large sociable space ideal for entertaining. The large double aspect sitting room has an inglenook style fireplace with exposed polished oak lintel and category one flue, and is ready for either a gas or log burning stove to be installed. The kitchen is complemented by a large utility room, fitted with the same units as the kitchen and having allocated space for a washing machine and a tumble dryer, storage cupboards, large stainless steel sink & door to the garden.
The master bedroom enjoys stunning views, and has a dressing area with quality built-in wardrobes and en-suite with gloss finish fitted units and a rainfall double shower. There are two more double bedrooms and a large single bedroom, all with built-in wardrobe space, served by the stylish house bathroom with gloss finish fitted furniture and a rainfall shower above the large bath. The landing cupboard houses the internet router and media connectivity to manage data and internet connections via Cat.5 wiring through the house, with connections to all living rooms and bedrooms. BT Infinity Fibre broadband is available. The ground floor and first floors have a sophisticated hot water underfloor heating system with individual room thermostats.
On your doorstep
Huddersfield Sailing Club is a friendly family-orientated club based at Boshaw Whams Reservoir, Hade Edge, 1.5 miles south of Holmfirth in West Yorkshire. Established in 1958 it has a large Clubhouse with a spacious observation lounge, ample boat and car parking space and easy access to the water.
The yearly Hade Edge Gala retains the feel of the ‘oldy worldy village Fete’ but the Gala has so much more going on that you will be amazed!
Hade Edge Band has a history spanning over 100 years, with this rich heritage. They not only perform the brass band classics but also innovate with new and dynamic arrangements from a variety of Composers.
There’s the annual Hade Edge Collective Farm Sale
Hade Edge has it’s own Football Club owning their own pitch and having their own clubhouse.
Hade Edge Junior & Infant School.
- Central vacuum system housed in garage, with inlet points in kitchen, family dining area/sunroom, living room, landing, master bedroom, garage
- Integrated MVHR (mechanical ventilation and heat recovery) system with manual and automatic humidistat boost and summer bypass boost
- Quality kitchen units and appliances including Neff induction hob, 2 Neff integrated ovens, and a Samsung American-style plumbed-in fridge freezer
- 16 panel 4KVA solar array, FIT registered, with guaranteed income until January 2036
- Immersun control unit to divert unused power generated to heat the domestic water, giving free hot water
- CAT 5 wiring for internet and media throughout the house
- Sophisticated electronic security system
- Flush fitting screwless electrical switches and sockets throughout
- Exterior lighting, security floodlights, with dawn to dusk sensor and PIR sensors
Above the garage is another loft storage space, boarded and insulated as the main loft, of about 300 square feet. The photographs and floorplan give a good idea of the appeal of Flowery Field House, enhanced by the impressive technical specification shown in more detail below, that demonstrates the full extent of the technology incorporated in this bespoke property. Together with the meticulous attention to detail, the result is a truly outstanding property.
- Architect designed, highly insulated and energy efficient timber frame construction, exterior finished in new stone, locally quarried and aged, with heavy sawn stone mullions heads cills and quoins
- Quality internal finishes, including oak ceramic and carpeted floors, bespoke oak staircase, oak internal woodwork and doors, fitted bathrooms with high gloss cabinets and quality sanitary ware
- 10 year NHBC home warranty
- EPC rating A (95)
- High performance powder coated aluminium/timber windows and external doors with maintenance-free exterior finish
- Triple glazed throughout, including garage
- Cast aluminium maintenance free powder coated gutters and fall pipes
- Gas fired underfloor heating to ground and first floors with 10 separate individually controlled heating zones
- 100% LED lighting inside and outside
The garage is no normal garage, as can be seen in our photograph. With plastered and painted walls and ceiling, insulated to the same standard as the rest of the house, it could easily be incorporated into the main house as further living accommodation and a detached garage built in the garden, subject to the necessary consents. Great emphasis has been placed on providing plenty of storage space throughout the house with plenty of fitted cupboards in the kitchen and utility room, garage, bedrooms, landing, and open storage under the stairs. In addition, with access from the landing via a drop-down loft ladder is a huge 880 square feet storage room with boarded floor, fully insulated roof, 2 opening Velux roof lights, fitted with light and power, satellite TV pre-wiring to each living room and bedroom. Although of limited headroom, this room is also the location of the fully automatic MVHR unit (see specification details below).
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62510744.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4165808. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Yorkshire's Finest, Holmfirth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.