4 bedroom detached house for saleGreenkip Dalachy, By Aberdour, Fife, KY3
Offers Over £549,000
- An exceptional country property with superb views
- Sitting Room; Dining Room; Open Plan Attic Family Room with Balcony; Breakfasting Kitchen; 4 Bedrooms; Family Bathroom; Shower Room; Cloakroom
- Charming spacious family accommodation with many delightful features
- Extensive well stocked garden
- Garage with store / workshop
- Garden studio / workshop
- Idyllic setting with excellent accessibility, ideally located for commuters
Greenkip Dalachy is an exceptional, deceptively spacious country property offering beautiful family accommodation in a lovely elevated setting surrounded by some superb countryside and with outstanding views over the Forth to Edinburgh and beyond, just a short distance to the east of the sought after town of Aberdour in Fife. The nearby towns of Aberdour and Burntisland offer a good range of local amenities and facilities with a wider offering on hand a few miles to the east in Kirkcaldy and a few miles to the west in Dunfermline. Edinburgh is about a twenty minute drive to the south. Attractively positioned on the northern banks of the Forth the area offers ready access to the beautiful rolling countryside of Fife with a lovely mix of farmland, coastline, hill and river, the result being a fine choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, riding, sailing and of course golf all readily available. The area is also home to an array of wildlife with the wide open spaces of the Lomond Hills offering considerable scope for recreational pursuits. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the county including Aberdour itself, Ladybank, Lundin Links, Leven and Elie along with the many fine courses in and around St. Andrews with the renowned Old Course regularly hosting the British Open. In terms of days out there are award winning beaches in Aberdour as well as lovely sandy beaches at Elie, Kingsbarns, St. Andrews and Tentsmuir whilst the pretty fishing villages of fife's quaint East Neuk which include Anstruther, Pittenweem and Crail are less than thirty minutes to the east. There are a number of popular National Trust for Scotland properties in the area including Falkland Palace, Hill of Tarvit and Kellie Castle. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling being provided at a number of highly rated Edinburgh schools as well as Dollar, St. Leonards in St. Andrews and several schools in the Perth area. There are railway stations in Aberdour, Burntisland, Kinghorn and Inverkeithing with Edinburgh airport about a twenty minute drive from the property.
Understood to have been constructed in the 1950s, Greenkip Dalachy is an outstanding country property which has been significantly improved and extended by the current owner, offering scope to "live the dream" in a truly idyllic setting which is ideal for commuters. With an attractive harled exterior under a slate roof the extensive accommodation is laid out over three floors and has a lovely feel throughout. At ground floor level is the lovely main sitting room with stove and bay window ideal for enjoying the superb southerly outlook, with the well proportioned formal dining room adjacent. There are lovely easterly views from the breakfasting kitchen with the hall, cloakroom and further ancillary accommodation completing the ground floor. Beautiful woodwork and finishings are a feature of Greenkip Dalachy with a charming staircase leading to the first floor where there is a spacious hallway together with four good bedrooms, the family bathroom and a separate shower room. A further staircase then leads on to the superb open plan attic family room at the top of the house with balcony and the most magnificent views.
Greenkip Dalachy stands in a lovely extensive garden with areas of lawn along with a wonderful mix of plants, bulbs, trees and shrubs as well as paved seating areas and plentiful parking.
Garage with workshop / store to rear
Garden studio / workshop
There is a formal planning / development clawback currently in place in relation to Greenkip Dalachy which the purchaser will be required to enter into in place of the seller. Further information is available from the selling agents.
Greenkip Dalachy has a right of access over the shared private track leading to Dalachy Farm.
Greenkip Dalachy is accessed off the A921 road that runs between Aberdour and Burntisland, with the track to the house leading off to the north about a mile to the east of Aberdour.
By appointment with the Selling Agents.
1. These particulars are intended to give a fair and overall description of the property. If any points are relevant to your interest, please ask for further information, prior to viewing. Prospective purchasers are advised to seek their own professional advice.
2. Areas, measurements and distances are given as a guide. Photographs depict only certain parts of the property. Nothing within the particulars shall be deemed to be a statement as to the structural condition, nor the working order of services and appliances.
3. These particulars shall not be binding on our clients whether acted on or otherwise, unless the same is incorporated within a written document, signed by our clients or on their behalf, satisfying the requirements of Section 3 of The Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995.
4. Closing Date
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through lawyers to CKD Galbraith, in writing, will be advised of a closing date, unless the property has been sold previously.
The Seller will not be obliged to accept the highest, or indeed any offer and has the right to accept an offer at any time or withdraw the property from the market. The Seller will not be liable for any costs incurred by interested parties.
Formal offers in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, through a Scottish Lawyer, to 16 St. Catherine Street, Cupar, Fife, KY15 4HH.
6. Third Party Rights and Servitudes
The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
CKD Galbraith has an alliance with Fox Private Finance, a brokerage with a bespoke approach to funding. Through their relationships with retail, commercial and private banks they can assist with securing a mortgage to suit your circumstances. For further information contact Matthew Griffiths, based in our Edinburgh office.
EPC Rating = D
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62541008.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CUP160027. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Cupar - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.