5 bedroom detached house for saleBishops Lodge, 129 Forest Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
- Reception Hall
- Drawing Room
- Family Room
- Sitting Room
- Study with Additional Office/Den
- Kitchen/Dining/Family Room
- 2 Cloakrooms
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
This excellent family house believed to have been built in the 1930's and once owned by the church and lived in by the Bishop of Tonbridge. The property has been significantly extended and refurbished and the accommodation is light, spacious, flexible and arranged over two floors and points of particular note include:
-An impressive entrance hall with roof lantern, tiled flooring, fitted cupboards and a cloakroom.
- The sitting room to the front of the house has a large bay window and solid wood flooring.
- The elegant drawing room also with a large bay window to the front has a marble surround gas coal effect fire with fitted shelving either side. This leads into a large study which has fitted cupboards and through to a cloakroom, door to the side of the house and a further study.
- An Amdega conservatory has terracotta tiled flooring and double doors opening directly onto the terrace.
- A bespoke fitted David Haugh kitchen/breakfast/living room is well fitted and equipped with wooden wall and base units with cupboards and drawers underneath, an island and larder units and long black granite work surfaces. There is ample space for a table and chairs and further living area if required, a set of double doors open onto the terrace.
- The principal bedroom has a large square bay window with outlooks to the garden, fitted wardrobe cupboards and a feature fireplace with tiled surround. A well fitted en suite bathroom has a vanity unit, separate shower cubicle and bath.
- There are five further bedrooms three of which have en suite facilities and a smaller bedroom has access to a balcony with views.
Forest Road is a highly regarded location on the southern edge of Tunbridge Wells. The mainline station, the High Street and the famous Pantiles, are all within about 1 mile. In the town centre there are excellent shopping facilities, particularly at the Royal Victoria Place shopping centre where there are many major national stores. There are highly regarded schools in the town including grammar schools and a wide variety of recreational amenities including Dunorlan Park with its boating lake and Hawkenbury recreational grounds which is a short distance from the property with tennis courts, astro turf for hockey and football and a play park.
To the front, the house is extremely well screened and a gated entrance opens into a large courtyard driveway which provides parking for a number of vehicles and access to the garage. To the rear, a wide terrace adjoins the house offering a lovely spot in which to entertain and enjoy the outlook. The garden is mainly laid to lawn with a wide selection of mature plants, shrubs and trees with access to the front at either side and a children's play area. Beyond the garden is a fenced swimming pool and small pool house. In all the garden extends to 0.38 acres.
Train Services: Tunbridge Wells station for trains to Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street about 50 minutes.
Road Communications: The A21 is to the north of Tunbridge Wells for a direct route to the M25
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62543249.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUN160265. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamptons International Sales, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.