5 bedroom detached house for saleBig Barns, Dunrobin, Golspie, Sutherland, KW10
- House - 5 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms.
- Cottage - 2 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms.
- Established and successful, two bedroom holiday letting cottage.
- Beautifully presented accommodation retaining many original features.
- Delightful formal gardens and mature woodland.
- Modern timber and slate outbuilding with garaging and store rooms.
- Modern biomass boiler minimising running costs.
- South facing views to the Dornoch Firth and distant Cairngorms.
- On the North Coast 500 Route.
- Waymarked walks direct from the house.
Big Barns is a handsome B listed house and cottage in a beautiful private setting close to Golspie in Sutherland. The house sits in delightful grounds set against a backdrop of mature woodland and with formal landscaped gardens to the front. There are stunning south facing views over wooded countryside to the Dornoch Firth, and its sheltered, south facing position creates a micro climate where tender plants thrive and the outside sitting areas can be used for much of the year.
Originally a barn on the Sutherland Estate, the building was converted to a terrace of cottages in the mid 1800’s by George Devey, one of the early architects in the Arts and Crafts Movement. The property was sensitively renovated in the early 2000’s to create a unique home retaining many original features and with the benefits of modern systems and technology. The attractive flagstone floors, lime washed walls, original fireplaces and latch doors combine with a biomass heating system and ultra modern kitchen and bathroom fittings to provide extremely comfortable, easily managed and characterful accommodation.
The adjoining self-contained cottage, which also has an interconnecting door from the main house, has been renovated to the same high standard as the main house. Currently a highly successful holiday let advertised through Cottages4You, the option exists for use as a residential let, owners’ or staff accommodation. Further information on the holiday letting business is available on request.
EPC Rating = G
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62555699.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV160153. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.