4 bedroom town house for saleCollege Street, Bury St. Edmunds
- Unique detached period property
- Town centre location on quiet one-way street within medieval grid
- Wonderfully atmospheric with a multitude of original period features
- Four bedrooms, Family Bathroom, Wet Room & Shower Room
- Large cellar with scope for conversion
- Tranquil private walled courtyard garden with gated street access
- Benefitting from gradual & sensitive refurbishment programme by its present owner
- NO ONWARD CHAIN
- *REFER TO BROCHURE FOR FULL DETAILS*
Situated in a highly desirable town centre location and on a quiet one-way street; residents are within a short walk of the vibrant market square and iconic landmark such as the ancient Abbey and Cathedral.
This unique medieval home is unusual in being one of the very few detached houses in the medieval grid. Formerly two dwellings, 7 College Street is a wonderfully atmospheric timber-framed and substantial four bedroom town house with historic origins that date back to the 15th century; signified by its Grade II listed status. Accommodation briefly comprises: four bedrooms, a well-appointed family bathroom, a stylish wet room, shower room, large kitchen/breakfast room, characterful dining and reception rooms. A delightful private walled courtyard garden benefits from separate street access via a side gate and a large cellar that offers potential scope to convert.
The property is well-presented throughout having been tastefully restored by its present owner and displays a wealth of enchanting period features including exposed studwork, open fireplaces, generous fenestrations, a superb Medieval cross-wing blended with contemporary enhancements.
UNIQUE MEDIEVAL DETACHED TOWN HOUSE OFFERS MODERN COMFORTS JUXTAPOSED WITH HISTORIC CHARM
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62593031.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WHA1000694. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Whatley Lane, Bury St Edmunds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.