5 bedroom detached house for saleYew Tree Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
Guide Price £875,000
- bespoke contemporary family home
- delightful 150 ft rear garden
- 5 bedrooms
- open plan kitchen/breakfast/dining room
- 2,753 sq ft
- 2 further reception rooms
- 3 bathrooms
- driveway parking
- EPC Rating = C
A striking bespoke 5 bedroom detached house with a delightful garden backing onto playing fields, well placed for schools and the mainline station
The historic spa town of Royal Tunbridge Wells is conveniently located about 30 miles South of London, surrounded by countryside and off ering a popular base for City commuters. The elegant architecture and variety of cultural, entertainment and shopping attractions, combined with the highly-regarded state and private schools in the area, make the town an excellent choice for families.
Yew Tree Road is located on the North side of the town, 1.6 miles from the main shopping centre and within 2 miles of the High Street and mainline stations.
State and private schools: Many well-regarded schools, including St John's and St Matthew's CE primaries, St Gregory's and boys' and girls' grammars at secondary level, all within a mile of the property. The Schools at Somerhill for ages 3-13 and Sevenoaks and Tonbridge independent secondaries lie within a ten-mile radius.
Mainline rail: High Brooms (about 0.7 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (about 1.6 miles), with fast and frequent services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street with journey times from 43 minutes (High Brooms to Cannon Street).
Communications: The A26 joins the A21 just North of the town, linking through to the M25 (junction 5) London orbital motorway, and thereby to the national motorway network, and to the south coast. Gatwick Airport is about 25 miles to the West, accessible via the motorway or via the A264.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- family room
- kitchen/breakfast/dining room
- sitting room
- utility room
- store room
- 3 double bedrooms, 1 en suite
- family bathroom
- master bedroom en suite
- double bedroom
- store room
- off-street parking
- southerly-facing rear garden
- EPC = C
The New House is the result of an imaginative refurbishment and extension by the current owners to provide a comfortable modern family home. The accommodation is light and spacious, with high ceilings and contemporary fixtures and fittings including oak internal doors, staircases with oak handrails and glass balustrades, engineered oak flooring with underfloor heating to the principal reception areas and a stylish kitchen and bathrooms.
Of particular note is the stunning open plan kitchen/breakfast/dining room leading through to a sitting room, both with sliding glazed doors to the garden, offering an ideal space for living and entertaining. Further points of note include:
- kitchen/breakfast/dining room, flooded with natural light from rooflights above and sliding doors to the garden, fitted with wall and base units under Corian worktops, a breakfast bar and integrated appliances;
- sitting room with a delightful outlook through wide sliding doors over the garden and a study off;
- 3 good-sized double bedrooms, one en suite, and a well-appointed family bathroom on the first floor;
- master bedroom on the second floor with a partly-vaulted ceiling created by a tall feature window giving views over the garden to the playing fields beyond and an en suite shower room;
- a dual-aspect 23'0" double bedroom also on the second floor, with views to the playing fields to the rear and distant views to the North Downs to the front, completes the accommodation.
The property is approached from the road over a block-paved driveway providing off-street parking. A path leads down the side of the house through a close-boarded gate to the rear garden.
The attractive enclosed South-southwest-facing rear garden is a particular feature of the property and is of a good size for a town garden, with a paved terrace spanning the back of the house leading up to a generous, level area of lawn. Mixed planting to the borders provides year-round colour and interest, further enhancing what is a delightful environment for outdoor living and entertaining in the warmer months.
Two timber sheds and greenhouse can be found alongside a vegetable garden towards the far end of the garden which benefits from a backdrop of mature trees.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax band E.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,753 sq ft
Acreage: 0.16 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, proceed North onto the A26. Pass St John's Church on your right and continue out of the town towards Southborough. Carry straight on over the traffic lights at the junction with Speldhurst Road and then take the right turn at the next traffic lights into Yew Tree Road. The New House, number 16B, will be found after some 350 yards on the right-hand side, opposite the end of The Ridgewaye.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62672381.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160216. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.