4 bedroom detached house for saleForest Way, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
Sold STC £695,000
- Modern detached family house
- 1.1 miles walking distance to station
- convenient for town and countryside
- 4/5 bedrooms
- 1,786 sq ft
- 2 reception rooms
- family room/bedroom 5
- enclosed rear garden
- EPC Rating = D
A detached family house offering versatile accommodation and situated on the favoured South side of Tunbridge Wells, just 1.1 miles walking distance from the mainline station.
9 Forest Way is located just off the prestigious residential area of Forest Road, on the South side of Tunbridge Wells. The historic Pantiles are just over a mile away, known for restaurants, markets, special events and delightful individual shops. The town centre, with High Street shopping, restaurants, bars and two theatres, is about 1.4 miles away. There is a good choice of supermarkets nearby and excellent cricket and tennis facilities at the Nevill Ground, off Warwick Park, along with further recreational facilities including an Astroturf pitch and children's play facilities at Hawkenbury Recreational Grounds. A short distance away to the South there is open countryside offering wonderful walking opportunities.
State and Private Schools:
Preparatory schools at The Mead (Frant Road) and Holmewood House (Langton Green), grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge, independent secondaries in Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, and Mayfield School in Mayfield.
Tunbridge Wells (1.1 miles), London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street with journey times of under 1 hour.
The A21 is accessible just North of Tunbridge Wells, which links to the London M25 orbital, the motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and The Channel Tunnel.
Accommodation of 1,786 sq ft arranged over three levels:
- entrance hall
- family room/bedroom 5
- utility room
- master bedroom with en suite shower room
Lower ground floor:
- dining room
- sitting room
- storage cupboards
- 3 bedrooms (one with balcony)
- family bathroom
- driveway parking
- about 0.2 acres
- EPC = D
9 Forest Way is an adaptable family house originally built in the 1960s. Situated on a residential road on the popular South side of town and conveniently placed for the town centre, mainline station and open countryside.
The property has been extended and part-renovated over the years and enjoys a south-facing aspect to the front, offering flexible accommodation to suit the needs of a modern family.
The house is further enhanced by large picture windows providing a high level of natural light and offering views of the countryside from the first floor, a modern kitchen and a good sized utility room.
Further points of note include:
- Dual-aspect sitting room with a working fireplace and built-in shelving and cupboards and overlooking the front and side gardens;
- dining room with an archway leading through to the kitchen;
- kitchen fitted with a range of wall and base cupboards and integrated appliances including two ovens, fridge and freezer, a ceramic hob with an extractor over and a space for a dishwasher;
- separate utility room fitted with large floor-to-ceiling cupboards as well as wall and base units, space for laundry appliances, a stainless steel sink and drainer and a fully glazed door leading out to the rear garden;
- study with a velux window and large storage cupboard;
- spacious master bedroom with a stylish en suite shower room and an outlook over the rear garden;
- separate family room/bedroom 5 with a pleasant aspect over the front garden;
- landing with a boarded loft space which is accessed via a drop down ladder;
- 3 further bedrooms, one with access to a balcony and all with lovely views of the countryside beyond;
- a well-appointed family bathroom completes the accommodation.
The property is accessed ove r a brick-paved driveway which provides parking for at least 3 cars. A bank of lawn flanks the driveway to the South with flower beds full of mature shrubs surrounding the house. The fully-enclosed rear garden includes a terrace which provides space for outdoor living and entertaining and steps lead up to a raised lawn which benefits from plenty of sunshine through the day and has a good sized garden shed positioned at the top. A gate to one side of the house leads back to the front driveway.
Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band F.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 2 Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,786 sq ft
From central Tunbridge Wells, head South on the A26. At the roundabout by The Pantiles take the first exit onto Nevill Street/Frant Road (A267) and then take the first left on to Warwick Park. Continue all the way to the T junction at the end of the road and then turn left on to Forest Road. Take the second turn on the right in to Forest Way and then no 9 can be found further along on the left hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62680670.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160363. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.