5 bedroom character property for saleChurch Street, Thorney, Peterborough
- Unique character cottage - Grade II Listed
- Self-contained one bedroom annex accommodation to rear
- Farmhouse style kitchen - Five bedrooms
- Cellar - Snug - Sun room - Dining room
- Wealth of character features
- Mature gardens and courtyard/patio area
A beautifully presented Grade II Listed character cottage, situated in a tucked away location next to the Abbey in the sought after village of Thorney. The property has been renovated by the current owner to a high standard to create a spacious and flexible home with a wealth of...
A beautifully presented Grade II Listed character cottage, situated in a tucked away location next to the Abbey in the sought after village of Thorney. The property has been renovated by the current owner to a high standard to create a spacious and flexible home with a wealth of character and original features including open fireplaces. The property briefly comprises of three good sized reception rooms, an open plan study, kitchen/dining room, utility room, sun room and downstairs cloakroom. To the first floor are five bedrooms and a family bathroom. Ivy Lodge also benefits from a good sized enclosed walled rear garden with a detached one bedroom cottage within the grounds, comprising of a sitting room, kitchen/dining room and a double bedroom.
Ivy Lodge is entered via a spacious side hallway leading into a snug/sitting room, with a good sized pantry style cupboard and access through to the inner hallway/study and kitchen. The kitchen sits at the front of the property, has Karndean flooring and is fitted with a range of base and wall units with Encore worktops over, fitted appliances and space for a dining table.
The inner hallway is split level and is currently being used as a small seating/study area, with access to the inner hallway and sitting room to the front. The formal sitting room sits at the front of the property with an additional entrance door, large window to front aspect and feature open fireplace fitted with a wood burning stove and recess to either side, both with fitted shelving.
The inner hallway has beautiful Victorian style tiled flooring, fitted shelving and stairs to first floor, access to the rear of the property into the sun room and access to the side into the formal dining room. The dining room is dual aspect with windows overlooking both the front aspect and also the rear garden. With fitted shelving, wooden flooring and a feature fireplace. The sun room is used as a rear entrance hallway and provides access to the downstairs cloakroom and rear garden.
The galleried landing has a window to rear aspect overlooking the garden and gives access to a beautifully fitted bathroom with roll top bath and Kardean flooring. There are three good sized double bedrooms, two situated at the front of the property and one at the rear.
An inner landing gives access to a further staircase leading down to the kitchen, giving access to a good sized storage cupboard and a further family bathroom with Karndean flooring. A further double bedroom sits to the front of the property and a fifth bedroom/study to the rear, both with feature curved walls.
1.93m x 3.56m (6'4"maximum x 11'8" maximum)
With window to front aspect and ceramic tiled flooring.
Rear Lobby - 2.18m x 2.11m (7'2" x 6'11")
Cellar - 2.82m x 2.34m (9'3" x 7'8")
Kitchen/Breakfast Room - 3.61m x 4.62m (11'10" maximum x 15'2" maximum)
Study - 3.53m x 2.90m (11'7" x 9'6")
Sitting Room - 3.91m x 4.83m (12'10" x 15'10" maximum into recess)
Dining Room - 7.75m x 3.71m (25'5" x 12'2")
Sun Room - 1.96m x 3.28m (6'5" x 10'9")
First floor landing
Bedroom One - 3.94m x 3.71m (12'11" x 12'2") maximum into recess
Bedroom Three - 3.58m x 3.73m (11'9" x 12'3") maximum into recess
Walk in Wardrobe - 2.67m x 0.9m (8'9" x 3'3")
Bedroom Four - 4.44m x 2.84m (14'7" x 9'4")
With casement style window to front aspect, built in wardrobe and original fireplace with tiled and wood surround.
Bedroom Five/Study - 2.16m x 4.95m (7'1" x 16'3" - maximum into recess)
Bedroom Two - 3.63m x 4.85m (11'11" x 15'11")
Front door leading into the entrance hall
Kitchen/Breakfast Room - 3.51m x 3.61m (11'6" x 11'10")
Sitting Room - 2.38m x 3.56m (7'10" x 11'8")
Bedroom - 3.56m x 3.91m (11'8" x 12'10")
There are good sized enclosed walled gardens, with a variety of mature landscaping including shrubs, borders, mature trees and with access to the self-contained one bedroom annexe within the garden. The annexe briefly comprises; sitting room, kitchen/dining room, shower room and first floor bedroom.
The village of Thorney lies approximately eight miles north east of the City of Peterborough and is served well with local facilities and amenities including a primary school, medical surgery, the renowned Rose and Crown public house and also several small businesses. Thorney is well placed for easy access to the A47 bypass which provides a good link into Peterborough and the main line train station, with an advertised journey time of 50 minutes into London Kings Cross by high speed rail.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62681102.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC101136. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Peterborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.