5 bedroom barn conversion for saleWelland, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR13
Sold STC £850,000
- 3 Bathrooms
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Reception Rooms
- Barn Conversion
- 2850 Approx Sq Ft
Stunning 5 bed barn conversion in a private location, surrounded by garden and grounds, on the edge of Castlemorton Common
The region is synonymous within the equestrian world and this property is just 2½ miles from the Three Counties Showground and 12 miles from Hartpury College, host to a variety of national and international events as well as offering first class equestrian courses. Castlemorton Common is on the doorstep and offers extensive off road outriding & in turn links to a wide network of bridle paths onto the Malvern Hills. Racing is available at Cheltenham, Hereford and Worcester.
Direct trains to London (Paddington) available locally; from Great Malvern 2½ hours, Worcester 2¼ hours, Gloucester 2 hours.
Directions From M50
From M50 (Jct 2): Head south on the A417 towards Gloucester and after ½ mile, turn left signposted to The Malverns. Continue for approximately 2 miles and at the end of the road, turn left onto the B4208 towards Malvern. Follow this road through Castlemorton Common towards Welland. On entering the village speed limit prepare to turn right, after about 160 metres the entrance drive to this property is on your right hand side an unmarked bell mouth entrance with wooden gate and name plate.
Directions from Malvern
Head west on the A449 Wells Road, after about 3¼ miles turn left towards Welland. Continue onto Marlbank Road and into Welland, at the crossroads turn right onto the B4208 signposted to Gloucester. Continue through Welland, passing the post office/stores on the right and after about 150 metres, the entrance to the property can be found on the left hand side - an unmarked bell mouth entrance with wooden gate and name plate.
By prior appointment only via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.
The spectacular Malvern Hills provide a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities. Castlemorton Common also offers excellent opportunities for walking, with parts of the Common having been designated as a SSSI due to the diversity and wealth of wildlife. The Three Counties Showground at Malvern hosts a wide variety of year-round events, from national gardens shows, concerts & antique fairs to agricultural events. Malvern has a leisure & spa complex, tennis club and a golf club (Worcestershire Golf Club).
Mains electricity & water. Private drainage (Bio disc). Oil fired central Heating and Aga. PV panels provide electricity and hot water. Broadband available and connected.
Malvern Hills District Council: 01684 862151.
Band G; (£2,629.11 2016/17).
There are no footpaths or public rights of way across this property.
This property is not Listed.
* Primary: Welland, Colwall, Eastnor, Ledbury & Malvern * Secondary: Malvern and Ledbury provide good secondary schools. Further information available at: www.herefordshire.gov.uk and www.worcestershire.gov.uk * Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Worcester & Hereford all have some outstanding independent schools. Further information available at: www.isc.co.uk
The thriving village of Welland is a short walk away, and has a good range of amenities including a primary school, village hall, a church, a village store/post office and 2 pubs. The Spa town of Malvern offers an excellent and broad range of services, including an array of independent shops, galleries, restaurants and quality supermarket as well as a respected theatre and two railway stations. The popular market town of Ledbury is also nearby. More extensive retail and cultural therapy is available at Worcester, Hereford, Cheltenham and Birmingham.
This property is located in a private and quiet rural location on the edge of Castlemorton Common. The Malvern Hills form a striking backdrop to the property and are directly accessible for riding and walking. This is a beautiful and very accessible part of the countryside complemented by good local towns, schools and facilities and with excellent access to the commercial centres of Worcester, Cheltenham and Birmingham, all with good rail links to London.
* This fabulous and beautifully presented barn was converted in 2002 and offers extensive and versatile accommodation, it has been very well-maintained throughout. * Superb and spacious open plan sitting room with formal dining area, with a wood-burning stove and enjoying direct access to the patio terrace and gardens. * The Aga kitchen/breakfast room is lovely and light and features an attractive flagstone floor, and floor-to- ceiling glazed windows extend the whole length of the west-facing elevation, adding a contemporary feel to this characterful home. * A wealth of exposed timbers, trusses, stone and brick walls all add a delightful aspect to this property, which has been sympathetically converted to offer the best of modern living combined with period charm. * The Master bedroom suite is situated on the ground floor with beautiful dual en-suite facilities along with 2 additional bedrooms and a family bathroom. There are 2 further bedrooms with bathroom on the first floor.
* The property is approached via a long, very private drive flanked by mature hedges, leading to a large gravelled parking area and 3 bay timber car port and garage. * A large part-gravelled and paved terrace provides ample space for seasonal entertaining or to just sit, relax and enjoy the surroundings. * Secluded within its own gardens and grounds, Learpool Barn enjoys distant views towards the Malvern Hills. * There is a hard-surface tennis court adjacent to the garage and log store, a poly tunnel, soft fruit cage and vegetable garden to grow your own produce, and attractive natural ponds providing a haven for wildlife. * The land amounts to about 5½ acres of which 3 acres are paddock, the balance being a combination of orchard, coppice and garden. * There is excellent scope for equestrian facilities, subject to the usual consents.
Summary of Features
* Original and superbly converted detached barn conversion (2850 sq ft) * 5 bedrooms situated over two floors; 2 with en-suite plus family bathroom * Spacious open plan living area, study, boot room and utility accessing rear patio * Large and light country-style Aga kitchen/breakfast room * Well-maintained mature gardens, hard tennis court, wildlife ponds, paddocks * Detached 3-bay car port/garage, workshop, log store, ample parking
* Mileages: Great Malvern 5 miles, Colwall 5½ miles, Ledbury 7 miles, Worcester 12½ miles, Gloucester 15½ miles, Hereford 21 miles, Cheltenham 22½ miles, Birmingham (Centre) 50 miles * Road: M50 (Jct 2) 6 miles, M5 (Jct 8) 10 miles, M5 (Jct 7) 12½ miles * Railway: Great Malvern, Worcester and Gloucester * Airport: Birmingham (47½ miles), Bristol (59½ miles)
In all 5½ Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62684420.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD150096. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.