Restaurant for saleBridge Street, Downham Market, Norfolk, PE38
- Business for sale
Simply amazing! This authentic Thai restaurant has been in business at the same location for 17 years and is only for sale due to the owner's wish to retire. Trip Advisor UK has ranked Dang Thai Restaurant among "The Best Restaurants in Downham Market, Norfolk." The business is available for sale as leasehold or freehold to suit your needs.
The restaurant includes a licensed bar, original décor from Thailand, and accommodations featuring two bedrooms, sitting room with period features, bathroom with shower, and central heating, located in the historic town of Downham Market, Norfolk. This popular market town benefits from high footfall year round.
Dang's Thai Restaurant is a fine establishment in the heart of Downham Market known for its comfortable and relaxed environment, and of course the homemade Thai cuisine including traditional noodle, rice, and curry dishes. The dining area provides cover for 32 in its current configuration.
Planning permission was granted in July 2016 to convert the ground floor restaurant into a spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. You won't want to miss out on this one…it is priced to sell!
ACCOMMODATIONALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY
This well situated restaurant currently provides 32 covers. The entrance/bar area is c130 sq ft and the dining area is c350 sq feet. There are three washrooms for customers and staff. The kitchen is c130 sq ft with a food prep area of c160 sq ft. The stock room is c95 sq ft. with built in shelving. All of the equipment is in good working order and included in the sale of the business.
The two bedroom accommodation above the restaurant is included in the rent. The first floor flat features a separate private entrance, study/kitchen (11ft x 10.5ft), sitting room (14.5ft x 12ft), bathroom with bath and shower (11ft x 6.5ft), bedroom 1 (13.5ft x 11ft), and bedroom 2 (10ft x 7ft).
THE BUSINESS ITSELFThe 2015 annual turnover is approximately £70,000 and shows a positive growth trend for the past several years. Please note that the current turnover is based on limited working hours due to the owner's desire to have a reduced workload nearing retirement. Full accounts are available for review. Current menu items feature traditional Thai cuisine including noodle, rice, and curry dishes.
This well-run business is managed by a single chef/owner and two part-time staff, and it presents an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to run their own business and reap the rewards. The restaurant is a local favourite for both the food and the décor.
There is potential to expand the profitability by increasing the hours of business to include additional days or lunch. Additional growth opportunities include creating a website and increasing marketing efforts focused on private events, catering, and local delivery.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 28 08 73 to make an appointment.
Finance available to suitable purchasers
Business to Sell or Let?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on Rightmove.co.uk, other portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-62772062.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference R32575EL. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EM&F East Anglia, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.