Retail Property (high street) for saleMarket Place, NR11
1,400 sq. ft.
- Business for sale
These premises have been run by the vendors family for over a hundred years and represents a cornerstone of a market towns life through out that time. Situated in the ideal prominent corner of the market square, this iconic newsagent/stationer has served the needs of generations.
With the large influx of new people as a direct consequence of the massive housing developments in and around the town business can only further improve to satisfy their needs. Since 1908 the premises were used for the printing works as well as the retail arm, the premises have been dedicated solely to retail since the early 70's.
Aylsham is a long established market town serving locals from a large surrounding area, swollen in number by those attending the frequent auctions held in the town and the markets. With numerous visitor attractions nearby - Blickling Hall, Bure Valley Railway being two examples - there are many tourists passing through year round to swell the constant trade
This is truly a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire a true piece of Norfolk history which has been captured on film and records yet is fully ready to capitalise profitably on the demands of the increasing numbers of 21st century customers.
ACCOMMODATIONALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY
This iconic building, situated on the prime corner plot in Aylsham's market square comes to the market to lease for the first time in over a hundred years. It has served generations of townsfolk and those from the surrounding villages and enjoys a special relationship with the community. Occupying the whole of the ground floor, the retail space embraces some c1200 sq ft with store room and staff room adding a further c 200sq ft. The retail area is in an 'L' shape with the till at the front and the many display cabinets, wall racking and gondola's spread throughout to maximise the sales opportunities. There is a separate island towards the rear with another till point and further displays of goods.
The whole is spotlessly presented and offers the new owner the perfect business from which to integrate
THE BUSINESS ITSELFThe core business is the delivery of newspapers with nearly 550 homes being delivered to each week. The loyal customer base, built up over the generations ensures a consistent turnover of c £320,000 pa with the high G.P. you would expect from this type of business. Stationery, greeting cards and toys make up the balance of sales and the staff of seven, under the guidance of a long standing manageress run the business seamlessly with only occasional input from the owners.
The business is now for sale as it is part of a larger group and internal restructuring leave this business surplus to requirements and as such is ideal either for an owner who wishes to take on a firm, solid existing venture or to be absorbed into a larger group.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 28 08 73 to make an appointment.
Finance available to suitable purchasers
Business to Sell or Let?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on Rightmove.co.uk, other portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference T32244E. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EM&F East Anglia, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.