3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleMoseham Hill, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5
- semi-rural position on village fringe
- 3 bedroom character cottage
- substantial workshop/office
- about 0.74 acres in total
- 1886 sq ft
- spacious kitchen breakfast room
- estabished gardens and grounds with pond
- 1.7 miles MLS: London from 66 minutes
- EPC Rating = E
A character 3 bedroom semi-detached cottage,
set in grounds of 0.74 acres, together with a substantial detached workshop, conveniently-placed for this popular village and the mainline station
Browside is situated in an accessible semi-rural position in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, about half-a-mile to the East of the popular village of Wadhurst with its excellent local amenities. There is a good choice of schools in the vicinity and, for those needing to commute, Wadhurst mainline station offers a regular service to London, with a journey-time from just over an hour.
Wadhurst's amenities include a butcher, greengrocer, delicat essen, post office, library, bank, chemist, hardware store, cafes, supermarkets and a garage. Regular school and public bus services operate from here, whilst Tunbridge Wells (7.2 miles) offers further amenities.
State and private schools:
Primaries in Wadhurst and Stonegate, preparatories include Bricklehurst Manor (Stonegate), Holmewood House (Langton Green), Marlborough House and St. Ronan's (Hawkhurst). State secondaries: Uplands Community Technology College (Wadhurst) and Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge (admission based on academic performance in the 11 plus exam). Independents in Mayfield, Eastbourne, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
- former front entrance
- dining room
- family room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- utility room
- 3 double bedrooms
- detached workshop/office
- car port
- garden and grounds
- spring-fed pond
- 2 garden sheds
- in total about 0.74 acres
- EPC = E
An attractive character property dating back to the late 1800s and extended by the current owners to create adaptable living space with a lovely outlook over established grounds. The property enjoys a good level of privacy, with the added benefit of useful outbuildings.
Points of note include:
- principal entrance through the pretty garden via a stable door opening into a light and spacious country-style kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a Rangemaster cooker;
- well-proportioned utility room adjacent to the kitchen with a cloakroom off and a door out to the garden;
- family room fitted with a wood burning stove and glazed sliding doors opening out to the garden;
- delightful "snug", formerly the reception hall in the oldest part of the cottage, with the original character front door;
- dining room with French doors opening out to the garden, ideal for summer entertaining;
- three good-sized bedrooms on the first floor, all with an outlook over the garden and a bathroom.
Browside is set back from the road within mature gardens and grounds, with many specimen trees including oak and maple and areas of level lawn with under-planted spring bulbs. A bank of high mixed hedging to the front, provides a good level of privacy.
A delightful spring-fed pond lies to the eastern boundary, whilst a neighbouring field on the South side provides an attractive rural outlook.
A flagstone terrace spans the East side of the house, accessed from the principal living areas, creating excellent space for entertaining and for enjoyment of the lovely surroundings.
Located at the end of the gravel drive from the road, this is a substantial and useful outbuilding with power, light and an alarm system connected. Comprising a workshop/home office, with a car port to the side, it is conveniently placed in close proximity to the house.
electric storage heaters, mains water and electricity, private drainage.
Wealden District Council: (01424) 7870000. Tax Band: E (improvement indicator in place).
Agent's Note: The current owners have a licence to operate a cattery business from the property and there are two removable animal pens on the site.
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,886 sq ft
Acreage: 0.74 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells proceed South on the A267, passing through Frant village and take the left-hand turning to Wadhurst on the B2099. Having gone through Wadhurst, continue for about 0.6 miles and the sign designating the entrance gate to Browside will be found on the right-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62792747.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160349. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.