16 bedroom house for saleBeacon, Luppitt, Nr Honiton, Devon
- Grade II* Listed 16th Century thatched farmhouse provides dining hall, sitting room, kitchen/diner, 4 double bedrooms, bathroom and shower room.
- 6 stone built holiday letting cottages (one with residential use currently used as owner's cottage).
- All cottages are graded as 5* Gold by Visit England.
- New stand-alone shepherd's hut provides a reception office.
- Indoor swimming pool complex (with former planning permission to extend to provide play room/gym).
- South facing landscaped gardens and grounds of approximately 1.55 acres.
- Open fronted thatched barn with potential to convert into an additional cottage subject to the necessary consents.
- Turnover of approximately £282,000 including VAT in 2014/15 season. (£238,000 excluding VAT). Potential turnover of £310,000 including VAT with all cottages let. (261,000 excluding VAT).
The Holiday Letting Complex operates a successful and well established holiday letting business.
The cottages have been extensively refurbished over the last 4 years and are well designed, equipped and finished to provide a high standard of accommodation and are rated by Visit England as 5* Gold.
Turnover in the 2014/15 season was approximately £282,000 including VAT (£238,000 excluding VAT). The present owners live in Courtyard Cottage but the Farmhouse can also be used as owners accommodation.
The business had an occupation rate of 71% in 2014/15 with high levels of repeat business and recommendation trade.
The business is promoted through their website
coupled with using the national recognised organisation of Premier Cottages, Baby Friendly Boltholes and Holiday Lettings. There is an industry recognised online booking and payment system.
Gourmet meals and Otter Valley ice cream are able to be purchased on site and by prior arrangement chefs can be brought in to cook for guests in their own cottages.
Trading information can be provided to bone fide purchasers.
The property comprises a Grade II* Listed 16th Century Farmhouse together with 6 holiday letting cottages (1 with residential use). The complex has been comprehensively refurbished over the last 4 years, including bathrooms, kitchens, water supply, drainage, soak away, pool and the new biomass heating system.
The biomass heating system, installed in 2013, has an income of £15,000 per annum over a 20 year period which is index linked to RPI. The introduction of the Shepherds hut as a detached office/reception in the grounds is an added benefit.
The Farmhouse is of traditional construction under a pitched thatched roof, and has been substantially refurbished maintaining various attractive period features including two inglenook fireplaces, one with bread oven, and beamed ceilings throughout.
The holiday letting cottages are also of traditional construction, having been converted from a range of stone outbuildings. The cottages, two of which are thatched, have considerable charm and are sufficiently spaced from each other to afford a degree of privacy.
The property is set within mature gardens and grounds of approximately 1.55 acres. The property includes a paddock enclosed with post and rail fencing divided into animal enclosures with ducks, goats, chickens and a field shelter with electricity and water. Leisure facilities include an indoor pool complex, outdoor play areas, wooden fort and games barn.
The gardens and grounds are an integral part of the business and have been re-landscaped and replanted and are well maintained.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62850077.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TAR160039. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Holiday Complexes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.