5 bedroom character property for saleCwmyoy, Abergavenny
Withdrawn from Market £675,000
- 18th Century period property with much character
- South facing gardens and paddock, totalling just under 1 acre
- Main house, separate 1 bed studio and range of stone outbuildings
- Rural, although not isolated, location with fine views
- Within 3 miles of the A465, 8 miles from Abergavenny
- On the edge of the popular Llanthony Valley.
The beautiful village of Cwmyoy boasts St Martin's Church, referred to as the 'most crooked church in Great Britain'. Just infront of the church, with beautiful views across the valley, stands The Old Vicarage, believed to have been built in the 18th century. This attractive stone built house is built over 3 floors plus extensive cellars accessed by 2 exterior doors to the front. The house is warm and welcoming with much character and many period features offering a true sense of contentment. Steps lead up to the solid front door which opens into a spacious living/dining room with a fireplace housing a wood burning stove and beautiful exposed wooden beams. A door leads to the rustic style kitchen fitted with a range of wooden cupboards, including a pantry style and floor to ceiling cupboard. Spotlight lighting fitted in the ceiling gives the room a slight modern feel. From the kitchen is a step down to a useful utility/boot room with door to outside. From the living/dining room is a staircase to the first floor giving access to 2 bedrooms, one including an exposed stone fireplace, and a bathroom. A further staircase leads to the second floor, on this floor are a further 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. In addition to the main house is a one bedroom studio which is ideal as guest accommodation or as a holiday let and an extensive range of outbuildings, including a stable, which could, subject to any necessary consents, be incorporated into the main house as further living space. The gardens and paddock are south facing and the terrace to the front is a wonderful location to appreciate this beautiful setting.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62861852.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7246757. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Parrys, Abergavenny. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.