4 bedroom detached house for saleCat Street, Upper Hartfield, East Sussex, TN7
- impressive bespoke home
- 1.3 miles Hartfield village
- 2 reception rooms
- kitchen/breakfast/family room
- 3,073 sq ft
- 4 double bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- gardens and woodland - about 1.75 acres
- 5.6 miles Cowden MLS - London Bridge
- 6.5 miles East Grinstead MLS - London Victoria
- EPC Rating = B
Impressive comtemporary house set within extensive gardens and grounds on the edge of this popular village
Hartfield 1.3 miles, Forest Row 3 miles, Cowden mainline station 5.6 miles, East Grinstead 6.5 miles, Tunbridge Wells 11 miles, Gatwick Airport 17 miles, Central London 46 miles
(All mileages are approximate)
Forest Row and Hartfield villages offer a good range of individual local shops with a wider choice in East Grinstead and Tunbridge Wells.
State and private schools:
Primaries in Hartfield and Forest Row, Brambletye (Ashurst Wood) Cumnor House (Danehill), Ashdown House and Michael Hall Steiner Waldorf School in Forest Row, public schools in Eastbourne, Sevenoaks and Tonbridge.
The A22 provides access to the M25 and London, the South coast, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the Channel Tunnel Terminus.
Accommodation of 3,073 sq ft comprising:
- entrance porch
- reception hall
- dining room
- sitting room
- open plan kitchen/breakfast/family room
- utility room
- boiler room
- galleried landing
- master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further double bedrooms
- family bath/shower room
- detached double garage
- remains of 10 year NHBC guarrantee
- in total about 1.75 acres
- EPC = B
Bespoke built in 2008 to our client's own specification, The Longcroft is a most attractive traditional-style family house, set within a generous plot with a mature level garden and a delightful area of mixed woodland.
The property is ideally-placed in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, just 1.3 miles from the centre of the popular village of Hartfield, with its primary school and excellent local amenities, whilst the open spaces of the historic Ashdown Forest lie within the vicinity.
The accommodation is light and spacious, comprising four double bedrooms and well-proportioned living space, including a substantial open plan kitchen/breakfast/family room enjoying a lovely outlook to the rear. Stylish comtemporary fixtures and fittings inlcude attractive oak joinery, mellow parquet flooring with underfloor heating on the ground floor and well-appointed bathrooms.
For those needing to commute, Cowden mainline station (5.6miles) has services to London Bridge from 45 minutes, whilst East Grinstead (6.5 miles) has services to London Victoria from 57 minutes. Further points of note include:
- striking reception hall with a balustrade staircase rising to a galleried landing;
- sitting room opening out to the garden, featuring a stylish fireplace with a slate hearth and an archway through to a dining room providing lovely space for entertaining;
- attractive bespoke fitted kitchen enjoying an outlook over the garden which stretches to the rear, with a woodland view to the side and open plan to a breakfast/family room, with double doors opening out to a wide brick terrace;
- separate utilty room fitted to match the kitchen with space for white goods and a side door out;
- first floor galleried landing giving access to a stylish master bedroom to the front with an en suite shower room, three further double bedrooms, two with a long view of the garden to the rear and a spacious and beautifully-presented contemporary family bath/shower room.
The property is set within a large enclosed plot of about 1.75 acres, comprising superb well-stocked landscaped gardens stretching mostly to the rear, with a good-sized level lawn interspersed by interesting specimen trees. To the northern boundary is an attractive block of mixed native woodland of approaching one acre, providing lovely unspoilt space.
A raised brick terrace spans the rear elevation of the house, accessed from the sitting room and kitchen/breakfast/family room, providing space for summer entertaining and enjoying the vista over the garden.
To the front is a large gravelled driveway edged by herbaceous borders behind wrought-iron entrance gates, with parking and turning space in front of an attractive detached double garage with wood store.
Mains gas-fired central heating, mains electricity, water and drainage.
Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Tax Band 'G' (improvement indicator in place) .
The woodland is held under a separate title from the house and garden which will be transferred to the new owner of The Longcroft. This title is subject to a clause in favour of a previous owner - in the event of any development opportunity being realised, the enhancement in value of the land will be shared. This clause expires in 2021.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us , especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,073 sq ft
Acreage: 1.75 Acres
From our offices in Tunbridge Wells proceed out of town on the Langton Road (A264). Continue into Groombridge village and at the roundabout take the second exit (B2110). Stay on this road through the centre of Hartfield village and then up the hill through Upper Hartfield, passing Parrock Lane on the right-hand side. Continue on this road for about 0.3 miles, past Brian Gower Roofing on the left-hand side and the double gates to Longcroft will be seen on the right-hand side, opposite "Six Birches".
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62886827.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160317. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.