5 bedroom town house for saleChurchgate Street, Bury St. Edmunds
- Handsome historic, four storey town house with imposing red brick facade
- Excellent town centre location on a street of significant status
- Fine Georgian & Medieval period embellishments throughout
- Spacious Reception Hall & impressive Reception Room for entertaining
- Large Kitchen/Breakfast Room with adjoining Garden/Dining Room
- Five bedrooms, family bathroom, en-suite shower room
- Cavernous converted basement (study) with a truly unique period feature
- Tranquil private walled garden
- NO ONWARD CHAIN
- *REFER TO BROCHURE FOR FULL DETAILS*
The Grade II-listed property is situated in the heart of the highly desirable Medieval grid; a defining feature of the town centre Conservation Area. Churchgate Street is famously known as ‘processional way’ with its importance of being laid out to line up directly with the centre of the West Front of the grand former Benedictine monastery.
The property has been well-preserved and enhanced in recent years. Stand-out Medieval and Georgian period embellishments include: three cellar niches with arched heads of Abbey stone in a cusped and moulded 14th century style, early 18th century dados, sash windows with panelled window shutters and window-seat and a fine dog-leg stair with vase-on-reel balusters and moulded hand rails.
'Abbey House' will suit a broad range of buyers, whether downsizers from the country, or a growing family – all who seek an enviable town centre address with flexible and relaxed accommodation in which to entertain with superb period statements throughout.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63035390.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WHA1000704. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Whatley Lane, Bury St Edmunds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.