4 bedroom house for saleEldersfield, Gloucestershire GL19 4NS
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Reception Rooms
- 1525 Approx Sq Ft
Charming, detached single-storey long barn in a desirable rural location, views over countryside and to the Malvern Hills - CHAIN FREE
* The property is situated off a quiet country lane, approached via electric gates leading to a gravelled parking area and double garage. * Good-sized lawned area complemented by mature shrubs and raised decking, overlooking adjoining pastureland with views to the Malvern Hills. * Two easy maintenance gravelled courtyards, situated to front and rear of the property, provide ample space and scope for keen gardeners. There is a large greenhouse and timber garden sheds. * Detached timber studio/office with 2 rooms, electricity and phone connections; historically used as offices but potential for other uses such as games room or party barn. * Detached double timber-built garage provides ample storage and potential for workshop if required.
Mains water, electricity. Private drainage (septic tank). Oil-fired central heating. Gas hob (Calor gas) Broadband is connected and available.
Malvern Hills District Council; 01684 862151.
Band B; (£1,890.28 2016/17).
This property is not Listed.
* Primary: Eldersfield, Staunton & Corse and Corse Lawn * Secondary: Hanley Castle. Further information is available at www.worcestershire.gov.uk * Independent: Malvern, Gloucester and Cheltenham all have some outstanding independent schools. Further information is available at www.isc.co.uk
The popular rural village of Eldersfield has a primary school and is home to the renowned "The Butchers Arms" Michelin starred pub. The nearby village of Staunton & Corse provides amenities for most day-to-day requirements including a doctors surgery, village store, primary school, pub, bakery, and garden centre. A broader range of shopping facilities can be found nearby in Tewkesbury, Ledbury and Malvern with more extensive retail, cultural and leisure facilities available in Cheltenham and Gloucester, which are within easy driving distance.
Eldersfield has its own cricket club, and the spectacular Malvern Hills are close by which provide a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities. The Three Counties Showground in Malvern hosts a wide variety of events throughout the year, from national garden shows and antique fairs to agricultural and equestrian events. Tewkesbury is home to the well renowned Roses Theatre, whilst the Town Hall & Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham hold a range of events and productions throughout the year.
The Old Kennels has recently been filmed for the BBC TV series, Escape to the Country.
From the Cotswolds & M5 (Jct 11): Follow the A40 towards Gloucester, continue towards Ross-on-Wye. At the 3rd roundabout, take the A417 towards Ledbury. Pass through Maisemore and Hartpury, shortly after passing the BP Garage (on your right side), fork right onto the B4211 signed Corse Lawn. Continue for about 1.7 miles (passing the 1st left turn, Newent, 2nd turn Staunton/Ledbury), take the 3rd left turn signposted to Eldersfield (Moorend Road). Continue for about ¾ mile and The Old Kennels will be found on your left hand side.
By prior appointment via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.
Grant & Co and their clients give notice that: 1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
Summary of Features
* Detached, single-storey barn conversion (1,525 sq ft) * Ideal for those requiring bungalow-style accommodation * 3-4 bedrooms, 1 en-suite plus family bathroom * Large open-plan kitchen/dining room, sitting room * Detached timber studio/office and double garage, ample parking * Private garden with 2 sheds & greenhouse, views to Malvern Hills
The Old Kennels
* This delightful property is believed to date back to the 1600s and has been converted to provide spacious accommodation. * Large open plan kitchen/dining room with country-style fitted kitchen, Rangemaster cooker with extractor hood. * French doors from the dining room open out to a patio terrace overlooking the courtyard and garden, perfect for seasonal entertaining. * Generous and light sitting room featuring exposed stone walls, beams and trusses, with scope to install a wood-burner subject to the necessary consents. * 4 bedrooms, including 1 smaller double with en-suite and family bathroom with free-standing bath. The spacious Master bedroom could easily be re-configured to create a Master suite if desired.
* Mileages: Staunton & Corse 2½ miles, Tewkesbury 7½ miles, Ledbury & Gloucester 10½ miles, Malvern & Cheltenham 13 miles, Worcester 20 miles, Birmingham 48 miles * Road: M50 (Jct 2) 6 miles, M5 (Jct 9) 8¾ miles * Railway: Ashchurch (Tewkesbury), Ledbury, Gloucester, Cheltenham * Airport: Birmingham, Bristol (51 miles) & London Heathrow (100 miles)
In all about ¼ Acre (Plot size)
The Old Kennels is situated within the rural parish of Eldersfield, a tranquil village to the west of Cheltenham on the Worcestershire/Gloucestershire borders. The property enjoys beautiful views over the surrounding countryside and to the Malvern Hills, situated to the northwest. This desirable area is renowned for offering a quality rural lifestyle combined with excellent communication links to the rest of the country. Cheltenham, Gloucester & Bristol are all easily accessible.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63086264.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD160211. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.