4 bedroom detached house for saleLocks Road, Locks Heath
Offers Over £550,000
- Built in the early 1900's this traditional 'Strawberry Grower's Cottage' has been extended over the years and cleverly combines modern open plan living with character.
- With four double bedrooms, an en-suite shower room, family bathroom and cloakroom there's plenty of space for all the family to grow into.
- No expense has been spared in this re-fitted kitchen with integrated appliances, granite worktops, contemporary design and clever storage making this room the focus of domestic life.
- Slide back the bi-fold doors from the kitchen/family room and step out to the lovely west facing garden, this could be the ultimate family party venue.
- There is a comfortable living room for those evenings where you want to snuggle in front of the TV, or retreat to the study for homework or those working from home.
- It's less than half a mile to pick up your essentials at Waitrose at the Locks Heath Centre. Brookfield Secondary & Park Gate Primary Schools are both a short walk away, making the school run
If you are looking for a more individual property and a non-estate position then consider taking a look around this traditional 'strawberry growers cottage' which has been significantly extended over the years making a lovely size family home. Facing onto Locks Road you step off the street into the welcoming entrance hall with plenty of space to kick off shoes and hang up coats, there's a cloakroom for guests and a door into the inner hall. Arches lead to living room, kitchen/family room and lobby area with access to the laundry room and study which is at the front of the house, with two windows this is a light/bright room to work from. The living room has room for dining and patio doors opening to a small courtyard area with pergola over. We think you'll spend most of your time in the fabulous kitchen/family room. It has been beautifully fitted with cream gloss units and granite work surfaces and lots of clever storage and a multitude of appliances including fan oven, microwave, steam oven, warming drawer, dishwasher and wine fridge. There's even a choice of induction or gas hob. Multi-fold doors span the rear of the room bringing the outside in and opening up the space into a wonderful social space to enjoy family time.
A contemporary oak and glass staircase leads up to the first floor landing, the built in airing cupboard houses the hot tank, shower pump and boiler with a secret door into eaves storage over the living room. You won't be short on storage in the master bedroom with a full wall of fitted wardrobes, there's also an en-suite shower room with modern white suite. You may also enjoy relaxing in the sauna at the end of a hard day. There are three more double bedrooms sharing the family bathroom which has a white suite with double end bath.
Outside and to the side there is a driveway for three cars leading to the 20' garage. The rear garden hosts a lovely display of shrubs and is a generous size enjoying a westerly aspect and the best of the afternoon sun. The paved area at the rear of the house has a pergola over with mature grape vine, you could almost imagine you're in Tuscany dining in the shade on a summer's day. There's another super spot to chill at the rear of the garden on the raised deck and even a children's play fort to keep the small ones entertained.
We hope that you'll find this is a home that you can grow into and stay for many years to come, it's certainly been so for our clients whose family have now flown the nest after 24 years here. We'd love to show you around, just give us a call to arrange.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63131705.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference RRPCC_457583. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Robinson Reade, Park Gate. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.