4 bedroom detached house for saleOld Town Hill, Lamberhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
Guide Price £1,150,000
- Grade II listed with potential to improve
- good-sized plot in central location
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 2,497 sq ft
- detached garage
- front and rear gardens
- about 0.70 acres
A Grade II listed detached house with potential for improvement, set on a good-sized plot close to the heart of this popular village
Oak Lodge is situated on Town Hill, close to the heart of the popular village of Lamberhurst, with its general store and well-regarded public houses. Wadhurst, some 4 miles away, offers more extensive amenities including supermarkets, post offices, individual shops, bakeries and butchers. Tunbridge Wells (about 7.1 miles) offers high street shopping, supermarkets, theatres and restaurants. Bewl Water reservoir and Bedgebury Forest are close by, offering a wide range of outdoor activities including walking, horse riding, cycling, water sports and fishing. Golf courses in Lamberhurst, Ticehurst and Tunbridge Wells.
State and private schools: Lamberhurst has its own well-regarded primary school. Preparatory schools in Wadhurst (Sacred Heart), Stonegate (Bricklehurst Manor) and Hawkhurst (Marlborough House and St Ronan's). Uplands Community College in Wadhurst at secondary level and Kent grammar schools in Cranbrook, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.
Mainline rail: Frant (at Bells Yew Green - about 4.6 miles) with services to Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street from 61 minutes, or Wadhurst (about 4.7 miles) on the same line from 65 minutes.
- entrance hall
- drawing room
- dining room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- utility room
- boot room
- cellar store rooms
- 4 double bedrooms
- family bathroom
- shower room
- detached garage
- about 0.70 acres
Oak Lodge is an attractive family house originating from the early 19th Century, benefitting from the generous proportions typical of houses of this period. Now offering scope for refurbishment, subject to any necessary consents, retained character features include multi-paned timber-framed sash windows, painted wood panel internal doors, deep skirting boards, picture rails and moulded coving and architraves. Further points of note include:
- spacious entrance hall with an elegant staircase rising to the first floor and a door to the cellar;
- well-proportioned drawing and dining rooms, both with a fireplace and wide bay windows incorporating double French doors opening on to the garden;
- kitchen/breakfast room with a boot room and a utility room off, both with doors out to the garden;
- galleried landing with a window giving an outlook over the front garden and offering views to countryside to the West glimpsed through mature trees;
- four double bedrooms all with fitted cupboards and a view over the gardens;
- a family bathroom and a shower room complete the accommodation.
Oak Lodge has an attractive approach from the road with a mellow brick wall to the front boundary overarched by stately oak and yew trees. The driveway slopes up between mature shrubs to a parking and turning area in front of the house and garage.
The good-sized gardens wrap around the house and are mainly laid to lawn with shrub borders and interspersed with mature trees. Much of the southern boundary is formed of a mellow brick wall which creates a characterful backdrop and there is ample potential to further enhance this natural environment.
Services: The property is fitted with an oil-fired boiler and a pellet boiler, both of which are currently out of service. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: (01892) 526121. Tax band G.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,497 sq ft
Acreage: 0.7 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells, head South on the A267 Frant Road. At The Bull pub, before the speed camera, fork left onto Birling Road, then bear right as the road becomes Bayham Road. At the end of this road continue straight over Forest Road to remain on Bayham Road (B2169).
Stay on this road, passing Frant Station, and continue through Bells Yew Green. After about 4 miles you will come to Lamberhurst Down, with The Vineyard public house on your left. Turn left at the crossroads ahead and Oak Lodge will be found as you drop down into the village centre, about 530 yards along on the right-hand side, just below the Baptist Chapel on the left.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63214250.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS150415. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.