2 bedroom apartment for saleFernside, Bishops Down Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
- 2 bedroom second floor apartment
- open plan kitchen/sitting/dining room
- convenient location for town centre
- mainline station 0.8 miles
- 820 sq ft
- views towards the Common
- communal garden
- allocated parking space
- EPC Rating = D
Tenure: Share of Freehold
A spacious second floor apartment in an elegant period building situated centrally in a tucked-away position with views of the Common
Royal Tunbridge Wells is the only spa town in the Southeast of England, with elegant architecture and a variety of cultural, entertainment and shopping attractions, including two theatres, many cafés and restaurants and a mixture of national multiple retailers and independent shops. 5 Fernside is well placed, being only about 0.7 of a mile from the town centre.
The historic and vibrant Pantiles area can be reached within about a 0.8 mile walk across the Common, which is just below the building to the South, with a network of footpaths and a cricket pitch.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 0.7 miles) has regular services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street from about 50 minutes.
Communications: The A26 joins the A21 just North of the town, linking through to the M25 (junction 5) London orbital motorway, and thereby to the national motorway network, and to the south coast. Gatwick Airport is about 22 miles to the West, accessible via the motorway or via the A264.
Accommodation consists of:
private entrance hall
open-plan kitchen/sitting/dining room
allocated parking space
communal entrance hall
entry phone system
EPC = D
5 Fernside is a well-presented second floor apartment in a converted semi-detached Victorian villa which consists of 6 apartments. Tucked away in a convenient position close to the Common, it is located to take advantage of the extensive amenities in Tunbridge Wells and for those who need to commute, as it is just 0.7 miles from the mainline station.
Decorative cornicing, high ceilings, neutral decor and many retained period features create light and airy accommodation that suits the practical needs of modern living. The open-plan reception room features a wide bay window to the front, providing a southerly view towards the Common and a feature fireplace with polished stone mantel provides a homely focal point.
Further points of note include:
- large communal entrance hall with a stained glass window and a sweeping staircase to the upper floors;
- private entrance hall;
- open-plan kitchen separated from the reception room by a wide breakfast bar and fitted with contemporary-style wall and base units with solid wood worktops, a stainless steel sink with drainer and integral appliances including an electric oven, a ceramic hob with extractor over, a fridge, a freezer, a dishwasher and a washing machine;
- master bedroom with a large sash window which provides plenty of natural light and views over the garden to the rear;
- second bedroom with a fitted wardrobe, a family bathroom and an extensive loft space complete the accommodation.
Communal gardens are located at the rear of the building with mature trees and shrubs to the boundaries and a specimen tree in the centre of the lawn. The gardens are accessed via a side gate on the left-hand side of the property. The allocated parking space is situated at the front of the building on the gravel driveway.
Tenure: Leasehold, 199 years from 1 January 2006, with a share of the freehold.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band C.
Service charge: A service charge is payable monthly towards the cost of maintenance of the common parts, details of which are available from the office.
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 820 sq ft
From central Tunbridge Wells, proceed West out of town on the A264 (Church Road). Carry straight over at the traffic lights on the Common, turning left at the end to stay on the A264. Take the next turning on the right, Bishops Down Road. Fernside will be found as the road turns sharply to the left, on the right-hand corner of its junction with Hurstwood Lane, down a short gravel drive. Number 5 is on the second floor.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63298727.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160395. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.