6 bedroom detached house for saleShort Street, Chapmanslade, Westbury, BA13
A beautifully converted Grade II listed Victorian coach house, set in parkland and woodland of approximately 40 acres
* Entrance hall * Kitchen/breakfast room * Drawing room * Sitting room * Dining room * Study * Boot room * Utility room * Downstairs bathroom
* Master Bedroom with dressing room and en-suite bathroom * 4/5 further bedrooms * 2 bathrooms and shower room * Self-contained annexe/reception rooms * Garage/workshop * Stables * Gardens, parkland and woodland * Swimming pool and summer house * Large terrace * Lake * Potential further accommodation, subject to necessary permissions *
Chalcot Coach House is situated on a no through road in the quintessentially rural surroundings of South West Wiltshire.
The house sits on an elevated position giving outstanding vistas over a region that is known for its natural beauty, walking, country sports
and local produce.
The hamlet of Short Street is conveniently located within 3.5 miles of Westbury. Warminster and Frome are also close by, offering a full range of shops, schools and leisure facilities. The nearest train station for the mainline is Westbury, providing a regular service to London Paddington (journey time approx 90 minutes). The World Heritage city of Bath, well known for its Roman heritage and Georgian architecture, is approximately 14.5 miles away. The property is conveniently situated for transport links being some 24 miles from the M4 (junction 17) and 15 miles from the A303.
Chalcot Coach House is believed to have been designed by the leading architect J.P.St Aubyn, famed for his redesigning of St Michaels Mount in Cornwall and drawings for Truro Cathedral. This is thought to be one of his limited number of private residential commissions by the eminent merchant family, Phipps. Aubyn was very much a leader of his architectural field throughout the early part of the 19th Century. The Coach House was locally revered to be a showcase of both builder and architectural competency and style, hence its incredibly detailed and elegant exterior.
Chalcot Coach House is a fine example of a Grade II Listed family house, originally dating back to the late 1800s.
The property forms three sides of a charming courtyard and is situated in gardens and grounds of approximately 40 acres with an open aspect to the rear.
The accommodation is arranged over two floors offering well- proportioned rooms and is finished to a high standard throughout.
The double-aspect rooms are particularly light and overlook the professionally landscaped gardens.
Chalcot Coach House offers further potential in unconverted rooms on the ground and first floor of the southern wing (subject to the necessary permissions).
Gardens and Grounds
Accessed via a discreet set of electric gates, the substantial driveway leads through the private parkland to the south-east facing courtyard and boasts superb details, including a clock tower and spire.
The grounds at Chalcot Coach House are well thought out providing a mixture of areas from landscaped gardens to mature woodland.
The swimming pool area has been completely remodelled, including a summer house providing family entertainment and a wonderful secluded place to sit and enjoy the evening sun.
The grounds also benefit from substantial open parkland and pasture ideal for grazing. The 25 acres of woodland are mature with pathways and tracks throughout. The land then meanders down to the spring-fed lake, with seating areas around the grounds to enjoy views of the surrounding countryside.
Wiltshire Council 0300 456 0100. Council Tax Band H.
Private water and drainage, oil fired heating.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings, whether mentioned in the particulars or not are initially excluded from the sale although certain items may be available by separate negotiation.
Rights of Way
There is a footpath, please refer to the site plan.
All viewings must be made strictly by appointment only through the Vendors joint sole selling agents.
Crisp Cowley, Savills and their clients give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either themselves or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and the agent has not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Details prepared: March 2016 Photographs produced: May 2015
Directions - BA13 4AA
From Bath, leave the city on the A36 (Warminster Road). Follow this road for approximately 12 miles until coming to Beckington roundabout. Proceed staying on the A36 and at the next roundabout do the same continuing on the A36 towards Warminster. As the road starts to climb and opens up to a dual carriageway keep in the left hand lane taking the exit for the A3098, signposted to Westbury and Chapmanslade just after the bridge. Once off the A36 follow the road up to the T-junction with A3098. Turn right towards Westbury and take the next left turning to Short Street. Take the first right hand turn where you will see the electric gates for Chalcot Coach House.
THE PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1991
The Agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose. A Buyer must obtain verification from their Legal Advisor or Surveyor.
Stated measurements are approximate and any floor plans for guidance only. References to the tenure of a property are based on information supplied by the Seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents and a Buyer must obtain verification from their Legal Advisor.
Nothing in these particulars is intended to indicate that any carpets, curtains, furnishings or fittings, electrical goods(whether wired or not), gas fires, or light fitments or any other fixtures not expressly included form part of the property offered for sale.
Items shown in photographs are NOT included within the sales particulars. They may however be available by separate negotiation. Buyers must check the availability of any property and make an appointment to view before embarking on any journey to see a property.
Whilst we endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact us and we will be pleased to verify the information. All property offered subject to being unsold.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAT160020. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Crisp Cowley (Bath) Ltd, Bath. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.