4 bedroom farm house to rentBalcarres, Colinsburgh, Fife, KY9
- 3 Reception Rooms
- Kitchen with dining area
- Master bedroom with ensuite
- 3 further double bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Large walled garden
- 2 Garages
- 2 Outside stores
- Oil Central Heating
Rires Farmhouse is a large traditional detached farmhouse built of Weymes stone typical of the area, under a slate roof. The property is two storeys but the rooms are on several levels and well laid out. The property was extensively renovated approximately five years ago and has recently been redecorated in neutral colours. The property has fitted carpets and floor coverings throughout. The property benefits from oil fired central heating in addition to the many open fire places.
Colinsburgh 3 miles, Dundee 3 miles, Elie 5 miles, St Andrews 8 miles, Cupar 10 miles, Edinburgh 45 miles,
Rires Farmhouse sits within the Balcarres Estate and benefits from a secluded setting. The views from the house are fabulous. On a clear day it is possible to see over the Firth of Forth to East Lothian, the Bass Rock and beyond. The house is surrounded by open farmland and is distinct from the steading that lies to the north of the house. Access is by way of a surfaced farm road that is a dead end and therefore there is minimal traffic. It would be possible to walk to the local village of Colinsburgh, which has facilities including a small shop, garage and pub. A comprehensive range of shopping is also available in Cupar, Leven and St Andrews all a short distance away. There is also an excellent range of schooling nearby.
Rires Farmhouse is a large traditional detached farmhouse built of Weymes stone which is typical of the area, under a slate roof. The property is two storeys but the rooms are on several levels and well laid out. The property was extensively renovated approximately five years ago. Prior to being re let it has been redecorated in neutral colours and new carpets have been fitted throughout. The property benefits from oil fired central heating in addition to the many open fire places.
East Principle room: (S) Large formal reception room with bay window and open fireplace.
West Principle room: (S) Large room with open fireplace and built in book cupboard
Living room: (W) Situated between the main hall and the kitchen with a door to the study. Ideal as a snug or playroom. Open fire place
Dining room: (N) Accessed of main hall way.
Study: (E) Conveniently located study close to the main kitchen living area. Cupboard under window.
Kitchen: Well appointed kitchen with white floor and wall mounted fitted cupboards. Fitted fridge/freezer, cooker, hob and dishwasher. Vinyl tile effect floor covering. Door accessing rear vestibule.
Master Bedroom with ensuite: (S, W) Double bedroom with fantastic views. Access to the wooden panelled ensite with bath, WC and sink. Vinyl tile effect flooring.
East bedroom: (S) Large double bedroom with fantastic views to the south
West bedroom: (N) Double bedroom
North bedroom: (N) A double bedroom sitting on a lower level to the other bedrooms adjacent to the bathroom.
Family bathroom: (E) Large spacious family bathroom with wood panelling to dado height and white tiles. White suite including bath, WC, sink and separate shower.
Cloakroom: WC and sink. Wooden panelling to dado height and quarry tiled floor.
Rires Farmhouse has been assessed as Council Tax Band G.
Rires Farmhouse and its garden are enclosed by a dry stone wall. Access is through wrought iron gates and the driveway encircles the house. The garden has mature planting but is mostly laid to lawn. To the west of the house there is a large walled garden area that has previously been used as a vegetable patch.
Strictly by appointment with the Vendor's agents, Strutt And Parker on 0131 226 2500.
From Edinburgh heading north leave the M90 at junction 2a onto the A92. Proceed on the A92 until the first roundabout at which point take the third exit onto the A921 heading South, signposted Kirkcaldy. At the next roundabout take the first exit onto the A915. Continue on the A915 through Windygates, Leven and Largo. At Kirkton of Largo turnoff the A915 onto the A917. Pass through Drumeldrie and continue into Colinsburgh. Shortly after leaving Colinsburgh there is a turning on the left hand side. This is marked private road and leads through the Balcarres Estate. Head north over two cattle grids. After the cattle grids take the second turning on the left, marked Rires by a large black wrought iron sign. Follow this long straight road to the end. The farmhouse sits to the south of the steading.
CONDITIONS OF LET
The following provides a guide to the principal terms and these will be amplified in the final lease.
1 The tenancy will be a Short Assured tenancy in terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 or a Company let.
2 The terms of the tenancy are open to mutual agreement.
3 The rent will be payable monthly by Standing Order in advance.
4 A deposit of two months rent will be required.
5 No sub-letting will be permitted.
6 The tenant will be responsible for the payment of Council Tax or other rates levied by the local authorities and services such as telephone, electricity, oil, etc.
7 The property is to be occupied as a private dwelling and not as a business premises, although a company let will be considered.
8 The tenant will keep the property in good condition, fair wear and tear excluded and may be held responsible for any repairs or decoration required at the end of the tenancy.
9 The landlord will be responsible for insuring the building and his contents, with the tenant responsible for insuring his own contents.
10 Animals: Landlord's prior approval will be required.
11 The property is available to let unfurnished and an inventory will be prepared prior to entry.
12 The maintenance of the grounds will be subject to agreement.
13 Alterations: the tenant will not be permitted to undertake any alterations to the property.
14 The tenant will not be permitted to introduce gas cylinders to the premises
Strutt & Parker for themselves and for the Landlords of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:-
1. These lettings particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a broad description of the property.
2. Please note that we have not carried out a survey of the property, nor have we tested any of the services or appliances, but have relied only upon our own brief inspection and upon information supplied to us by the landlord.
3. The description, including photographs, of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory.
4. Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximate only and should not be relied upon for the purpose of fitting furniture etc.
5. Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the letting of the property.
6. No representation or warranty is given as to the title of the property or as to the existence or otherwise of any planning consent, building regulation approval or other statutory or regulatory permission.
7. Prospective tenants should note that offers are subject to status, references and a comprehensive agency agreement.
8. The stated rent may not include all services, amenities or outgoings generally that may, by necessity or choice, be associated with the property.
9. If there is any particular aspect of the property about which you would like further information, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference 8414. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker - Lettings, Perth.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.