|Added on Rightmove:||07 September 2016 (343 days ago)|
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- off street parking
- EPC Rating = F
A unique and historical property with adaptable accommodation centrally located in this popular village with a mainline station
The Old Post House is centrally located in the small village of Bells Yew Green, within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and under 2 miles from Tunbridge Wells. The impressive ruins of Old Bayham Abbey, dating back to the 13th Century and set in grounds designed by Humphrey Repton, lie just 2 miles to the east, towards Lamberhurst. The village benefits from a thriving cricket club and nearby access to country walks and offers amenities including a general store and public house. Frant mainline rail station (about 350 yards from the property), has services to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street (via Waterloo Eas t and London Bridge) with journey times from an hour.
Schools: There are many highly regarded schools in the area including Frant Primary School and The Mead, Rose Hill and Holmewood House preparatory schools in Tunbridge Wells and Langton Green. Uplands Community College in Wadhurst, independent secondaries in Mayfield, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks and Kent grammars in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Communications: The M25 can be accessed via the A21 to the east, linking to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the Channel Tunnel terminus.
- reception hall
- drawing room
- dining room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- lower ground floor bedroom/sitting room with direct access to the courtyard
- utility room
- shower room
- 4 first floor bedrooms, 1 en suite
- family bathroom
- driveway parking
The Old Post House was originally the Post Office for the village with a sweet shop and a bakery to the rear and lies within a few hundred yards of Frant mainline railway station.
Internally, the house benefits from period features including fireplaces, multi-paned sash windows and a vaulted ceiling with exposed beams in the kitchen/breakfast room. Further points of note include:
- reception hall with an attractive fireplace with painted surround and mantel, tiled slips and a wood burning stove set on a brick hearth;
- dual-aspect drawing room with sash windows to the front and double French doors to a Juliet balcony to the rear overlooking the courtyard garden and lawn beyond. Attractive and unusual painted wood wall-mounted set of multiple drawers with colonnaded display shelf above, believed to be an original period
- dining room with an outlook to the front and French doors to a Juliet balcony over the courtyard. Woodburning stove (no flue connected);
- snug with attractive built-in dresser;
- kitchen/breakfast room, created from the former bakery, with John Lewis of Hungerford fitted wall and base units under laminate worktops. Integrated appliances include a two-oven oil-fired Aga and a ceramic hob and there is ample space for a dishwasher. Half-glazed stable door and French doors to the courtyard. Two rooflights to the vaulted ceiling and a further high level window in the rear gable wall;
- studio with two double opening doors to the courtyard, a full length multi-paned window to the rear and three skylight windows making this a very light and bright room. Extensive bespoke cupboards;
- lower ground floor currently arranged as a bed/sitting room with double doors and a window to the courtyard. Also on this level are a shower room and a utility room with a window to the side, butler sink, worktop and space for appliances;
- master bedroom with an outlook to the front, a decorative fireplace and an en suite bath/shower room;
- three further bedrooms, one with an outlook over the rear garden and currently arranged as a study, and the other two with fireplaces;
- a family bathroom completes the accommodation in the main house.
The Old Post House is approached via a pedestrian gate from Bells Yew Green Road. A shared gravel drive a little to the east leads to a parking area and entry can be gained to The Old Post House from here by a secondary door. An area of lawn with mature shrubs and a flowering cherry tree to the front of the drive provide separation from the road.
An expansive and extremely private south-facing flagstone courtyard, sheltered on three sides by the house and studio and accessed from the kitchen, breakfast room, studio and bed/sitting room of The Old Post House, provides a delightful outdoor dining and entertaining space, with a level area of lawn beyond interspersed with shrub beds and specimen trees. Closeboarded and picket fencing currently divide The Old Post House and Wentways gardens and post and rail fencing forms the rear boundary, beyond which lies a neighbouring paddock.
Square Footage: 3,305 sq ft
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-56006449.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference TUL160038_L. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills Lettings, Tunbridge Wells.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.