|Furnishing:||Furnished or unfurnished, landlord is flexible|
|Reduced on Rightmove:||13 December 2016 (402 days ago)|
- 3 Reception rooms
- 7 Bedrooms
- Cinema room & bowling alley
- Bar with seating & games area
- Tennis court & swimming pool
- Gym, hot tub, sauna
- Domestic offices & Secondary accommodation
- Formal gardens
- Parkland grounds
- EPC Rating = D
Millicent is a magnificent state of the art modern home with the proportions of a classical Georgian country house. With its pillared portico and mellow stone elevations under a pitched roof, Millicent is both hugely impressive and tasteful, blending comfortably with its surroundings. Internally, quality and attention to detail have been prime considerations and are apparent in every aspect of the property
Located close to the pretty wealden hamlet of Lurgashall, Millicent benefits from an open elevated situation surrounded by its own parkland estate with spectacular panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. Qualifying as a typical English village with its ancient parish church, 16th century pub and cricket green, Lurgashall lies within The South Downs National Park yet is within reach of all necessary amenities and communications. Roughly equi-distant between Guildford and Chichester (19 miles), Lurgashall is also within easy reach of London (46 miles) and the airports via the A3 and M25. Some local amenities for daily needs are available at Northchapel and Fernhurst whilst each just six miles away, the attractive and historic towns of Petworth and Haslemere offer a good range of amenities including churches, shopping, banks, restaurants and local societies Haslemere has a main line rail station where there is a fast and frequent service to Waterloo in around 50 minutes.
Millicent is a magnificent state of the art modern home with the proportions of a classical Georgian country house. With its pillared portico and mellow stone elevations under a pitched roof, Millicent is both hugely impressive and tasteful, blending comfortably with its surroundings. Internally, quality and attention to detail have been prime considerations and are apparent in every aspect of the property whose principal features include:
- Grand reception hall with period style fireplace, shuttered 'Georgian' windows, limestone floor, high corniced ceilings, oak and walnut joinery, sweeping staircase, cloaks/wc, lift to all floors, 'his and her' studies.
- Elegant drawing room with full height bay window affording garden and country views, ornate corniced ceilings, period style fireplace.
- Stylish dining room with feature period style fireplace and walnut floor.
- Kitchen / breakfast room including an AGA, island work station and breakfast bar, quality range of bespoke furniture with integrated appliances, polished marble surfaces.
- Family dining / sitting area in open plan with kitchen, door to the balcony leading out onto the garden terrace.
- TV / Family room
- Sweeping walnut staircase, framed beautifully under the stunning skylight.
- Superb master suite, with 2 private sitting rooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 dressing rooms.
- Each room enjoying floor to ceiling windows drawing the eye to the dramatic rural views beyond.
- Two spacious guest suites.
- 4 further en suite bedrooms with stairs to mezzanine study / sitting areas.
- All bedrooms have electric, remote controlled curtains or blinds.
In addition to the superbly appointed family and guest accommodation over three floors, Millicent hold a surprise in store in the form of a complete leisure centre on the lower ground floor comprising:
- Party room including bar, sitting area and dance or games floor with door for garden access.
- Gymnasium and Jacuzzi with stairs to outside pool area.
- Billiard room.
- Temperature controlled wine cellar.
- 'Indian sitting room', made from original ornate Haveli stone, believed to be 400 years old, featuring a 'night sky' LED ceiling display.
- 2 lane ten pin bowling alley with ultra violet illumination.
- Second kitchen, laundry, linen store, plant room and stairs up to garage.
Millicent is approached from a quiet country lane onto a long drive leading to an extensive gravelled forecourt with parking space for numerous vehicles. A linked four car garage includes a staff flat above. Lying mainly to the south and west of the house the grounds include:
- Heated outdoor swimming pool with paved surround, loggia, kitchenette and changing facilities.
- Tennis court.
- Formal par-terre garden to south of house and paved terrace to three sides.
- Areas of mown lawn with further informal lawns and woodland.
- Comprising in total around 40 acres.
From London or Guildford follow A3 trunk route south to the Milford exit signed to A283 Petworth and A286 Haslemere. At the roundabout take the second exit and continue to follow the A283 towards Petworth for 9.6 miles through Chiddingfold then turn right on a lane signed towards Lurgashall. After 0.7 mile take first turning right onto Hillgrove Road and the entrance to Millicent will be found shortly on the left hand side. The full address is: Millicent, Lurgashall, Petworth, West Sussex, GU28 9EP.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-56201932.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Property reference GUL160099_L. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills Lettings, Guildford.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.