|Reduced on Rightmove:||09 November 2016 (380 days ago)|
- Penthouse Apartment Over Two Floors in Historic Mill Conversion - Residing on East Street in ‘Britain’s Oldest Recorded Town’
- Two Double Bedrooms with Elevated Views Taking in the River Colne
- Stunning 26 Ft. Wide (approx.) & High Vaulted Open-Plan kitchen/Dining & Living Room
- Retaining Original Mill Machinery as Architectural & Freestanding Elements within its Renovated Design – Please View 360°Virtual Tour & Tilt Upwards
- Bath/Shower Room + Cloakroom & Ample Storage
- Electric Gated Entry System & Secure Parking + Lift /Stair Access to Apartment
- Optional Concierge Service
- Residents Gymnasium
- Easterly aspect of Colchester’s Town Centre – Offering Extensive Local Amenities & Leisure Facilities + Historic Castle and Surrounding Grounds
- Perfect Location for Leisurely Evening Walks Home after Social Nights Out
Residing on East Street in Britain’s ‘Oldest Recorded Town’, and located within the exclusive historic Mill Apartments is the prestigious setting for this two bedroom two floor penthouse apartment. Retaining original mill machinery as architectural and freestanding elements within its renovated design, it also offers elevated views taking in the River Colne. The accommodation further comprises: a stunning 26ft. by 22ft. (approx.) spacious and high vaulted open-plan kitchen/dining and living room with the aforementioned design features, bath/shower room, a cloakroom and ample built-in storage. Adding further appeal is the electric gated secure parking and intercom entry system, and the additional option for a concierge service and residents gymnasium. The Apartments are within a short walk of Colchester’s Town Centre - offering extensive local amenities and leisure facilities, along with its Norman Castle and surrounding grounds – and perfect for leisurely evening walks home after social nights out.
Property ref: 121_1990_4280784
The original East Mill, then one of a series of water mills on the River Colne, dates back to the 14th century but was almost completely re-built between 1885 and 1893. In 1979 the mill became a hotel and approximately ten years ago was converted into these current prestigious mill apartments.
Arriving at this penthouse apartment’s front door, accessed via a lift or stairway, you find yourself stepping into the hallway. To the rear aspect is a door to an inner hallway leading in-turn to the accommodation on this level, firstly however, may we recommend ascending the turning stairway on your right to the landing and opening the door to the rear aspect revealing the stunning 26ft. wide (approx.) and high vaulted openplan kitchen/dining and living room retaining original mill machinery as architectural and freestanding elements within its renovated design. The kitchen area incorporates extensive granite work surfaces to include the centre island plus high quality integrated appliances comprising: Smeg four burner gas hob, above chimney extractor hood and oven, larder fridge and freezer – located within the centre island, dishwasher, plus integrated washer dryer, and behind kitchen cabinetry is the location of the Vaillant boiler.
On the landing the remaining door opens to a convenient cloakroom comprising: a close coupled W.C., and pedestal hand wash basin.
Returning to the hallway and entering the inner hallway you will see five doors. The spacious master bedroom is located to the rear aspect with two windows taking in elevated views along the River Colne. The second double bedroom also enjoys rear views plus has a walk-in wardrobe. There is a bath/shower room comprising: panel bath with wall-mounted shower, pedestal hand wash basin and close coupled W.C., plus heated towel rail. Beneath the stairs is a store cupboard, and there is a further built-in store cupboard – this property provides ample storage space.
In the open-plan kitchen/dining and living room there is an emergency exit on this level from the apartment.
Services Mains: electricity, gas, water, and drainage.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-56611297.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference 4280784. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hestons Property LTD, Dedham.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.