|Added on Rightmove:||28 June 2016 (272 days ago)|
- 4 principal bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms (3 ensuite)
- 4/5 secondary bedrooms
- 4 reception rooms
- Heated swimming pool
- Admin fees apply
Full descriptionDetailed Description
The Old Vicarage, with its views of both castle and church, is listed as being of Architectural or Historical Importance Grade II*. Believed to have been built in the first half of the 18th Century for a local wool merchant, the fine external elevations are almost unchanged since its initial construction.
4 principal bedrooms
5 bathrooms (3 ensuite)
4/5 secondary bedrooms
Extensive part-vaulted cellars
Garaging and storage
Heated swimming pool
Beautiful walled garden
Set in 1 acre
The Old Vicarage is approached over an in-and-out carriage driveway to the front of the house with a high pollarded mature hedge. On either side of the drive are lawns and a curved high brick wall dividing the front of the house from the garden and courtyard.
A separate access to the side with a set of automatic timber double gates and a side gate, opens onto a large gravel parking area. To one side is the rick and tiled coach house incorporating a guest "cottage" (the former stables) and garage with storage to the side. Gravel path leads up past the slate tiled contemporary heated swimming pool with steps up to a seated area located within the old kitchen garden.
1. Subject to contract the house is to be let on an assured shorthold tenancy on a minimum term of 12 months.
2. The tenant is responsible for the payment of outgoings including council tax, electricity, gas, water, and telephone.
3. A returnable deposit equivalent to 2 months rent will be required prior to the commencement of the tenancy. This sum will be returned at the end of the term less any amount for dilapidations or breaches of the terms of the tenancy agreement.
4. Application and referencing fee: For one tenant £282 (£235 plus VAT). Additional tenants £36 (£30 plus VAT) Guarantors £36 (£30 plus VAT) . Inventories/Check-in/Check-out: the Landlord pays the incoming inventory and check-in report and the tenant pays for the check-out report at the then prevailing price.
5. Pets permitted at owners discretion.
6. The Tenant is responsible for gardening.
Mains water, electricity, drainage and gas. Council Tax Band H. Braintree Council
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference R13256. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills Lettings, Ipswich.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.