Shop for sale1918. Cumnock Pet Shop, Glaisnock Street, Cumnock, KA18
- Business for sale
- Prominently located within a parade of complementary shops on a busy high street
- Popular pet shop in an enviable location
- T/O £67,000 per annum GP 35%
- Small pet sales and pet accessories
- Scope to increase turnover by expanding the current range
Cumnock Pet Shop is prominently located within a parade of complementary shops on a busy high street in the heart of the town centre. Free parking is available within the vicinity. There is good access to the local road network and surrounding rural areas with the A70 leading towards Junction 12 of the M74 motorway, which is approximately 20 miles away. Cumnock is situated approximately 15 miles south of Kilmarnock.
Preferred Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this popular pet shop in an enviable location which has been in our client's hands since 2001 and is only now offered for sale due to family commitments. Currently the business is run at a pace to suit our client and generates a turnover of approximately £67,000 per annum with a GP of 35%, which is derived mainly from small pet sales and pet accessories. We feel there is scope to increase turnover by expanding the current range. Options may include introducing a more diverse animal range such as reptiles and birds, opening a dog grooming parlour and selling fishing tackle and live bait. The business would benefit from advertising and the introduction of a website could further improve turnover. Cumnock Pet Shop also sells seasonal plants during summer months and at Christmas and we feel this side of the business could be developed further as the nearest garden centre is 10 miles away. The business has no competition in the area and is in a good position to supply local residents and the surrounding rural areas and villages. The property has been recently re-roofed. We have been advised the town is currently being regenerated with new council buildings, a new car park, the refurbishment of the shopping centre and 3 new housing estates to be built in the area. Early discussion with Preferred Commercial must come highly recommended.
T/O: £67,000 approx.
Mon - Tues: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Wed: 9.00am - 12.00pm
Thurs - Fri: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Sat: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Mid-parade ground floor lock-up retail unit in excellent location. Briefly comprising:
• Shop display area with wall mounted shelving, centre shelving, small animal cages, fish tanks, pet beds and accessories, pet food, livestock including small pets and fish, sales counter and electronic cash register
• Rear store room with shelving
• WC with wash basin
Access to the rear of the premises for deliveries
New lease to be negotiated
Rent: £4,500 per annum
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 1918. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Preferred Commercial, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.