Commercial Property for saleBoltsburn Garage, Rookhope, Bishop Auckland, County Durham
• Portfolio of Property Assets • MOT-Testing Workshop & Equipment • Amenity land extending to 28.09 acres • An area of land suitable for residential development, subject to the necessary consents • Available in lots
Rookhope is set within the valley of Weardale and is home to a small rural community. The village includes a popular, raditionally run public house, primary school, and a small village store whilst further facilities are found close by in the town of Stanhope (approximately 5 minutes by car).
Benefitting from a tranquil, relaxed, rural location with numerous outdoor pursuits readily on hand and the fantastic backdrop of the surrounding fells and moorland, together with the dynamic city attractions of Durham being within a short travelling distance, the location is ideal for a variety of purchasers. International Airports at both Newcastle and Durham Tees Valley offer both national and international travel and are both accessible within one hour’s drive.
Mainline railway links are also available within a short travelling distance meaning that the village is suitably located for travel to the larger business centres of the region.
The Property is a portfolio of assets comprising:-
Boltsburn Garage MOT-Testing Centre
Boltsburn Garage provides 4,071ft2 or thereabouts of single-storey MOT-testing and auto-repair workshop space together with ancillary office and storage accommodation. The premises include Class 4 and Class 7 MOT-testing and goods vehicle operating centre equipment which is to be included with the sale.
The property also is set in 28.09 acres (11.36 hectares) or thereabouts of amenity land.
Potential Residential Development Plot
The property also benefits from land which has previously benefitted from planning permission for the erection of a 3 bedroom detached residential dwelling.
The plot is situated in a prominent position over-looking Rookhope and the surrounding countryside.
Property ref: 121_1601_3831651
1.There are two public footpaths running over the land adjacent to the garage and building plot
2.Boltsburn garage owns the access road which leads to the garage, there pedestrian and vehicular rights of access over this road to the benefit of several parties—please contact the office for more details.
3. While the MOT section of the garage will be vacated on completion, the garage is sold with a tenant—please contact the office for more details
4. There is an unfilled mineshaft within the boundary of the property, this is adjacent to the building plot, shaded in black on the attached plan.
5. There is a workshop on site which is under different ownership to Boltsburn Garage and is not included in the sale.
From Wolsingham, proceed along the A689 for approximately 8.5miles. Upon reaching the Cross Keys public house, located at Eastgate, turn right signposted for Rookhope. Continue for approximately 2.5 miles, travelling through Rookhope and follow the bend round to the left and the property is located on the left hand side. For those with satellite navigation, the nearest postcode is DL13 2BG.
Rights and Easements
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights of way, water, drainage and other easements, quasi or reputed easements and rights of adjoining owners, if any, affecting the same and all existing and proposed wayleaves and all other matters registered by any competent authority subject to statute.
Boltsburn Garage has a rateable value of £6,500; however it is understood that the property benefits from small business rates relief and as such is currently exempt from paying business rates.
Durham County Council,
Tel: 03000 26 0000
To arrange a viewing or for further information please call 01388 529579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(EPC) EEC next to EIR
This property is currently rated 'G'.
The property also benefits from planning permission for the erection of a 3 bedroom detached residential dwelling. The plot is situated in a prominent position over-looking Rookhope and the surrounding countryside.
Further details of this planning permission are available on the Durham County council planning portal under the reference DM/18/01471/FPA
The commercial premises are served by three phase mains electricity.
Access is taken over a private single-track lane which feeds on to Front Street.
Tenure and Possession
The property is offered for sale freehold.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3831651. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by George F.White, Wolsingham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.