5 bedroom leisure facility for saleThe Ashes, New Hutton, Kendal, Cumbria
- Ideally located in rolling countryside, a few miles west of Junction 37 of the M6.
- Quiet, picturesque position, south of New Hutton, about 4 miles from Kendal and 8 miles to Sedbergh.
- Completely renovated period Farmhouse with abundance of original character.
- Lovely lawned gardens and range of outbuildings.
- The seasonal Caravan Park, has pitches for 25 and a Facilities Block.
- Beautifully presented "exclusively adult Caravan Park in about 1.5 acres".
- Excellent steady turnover with an attractive profit.
- Established and created by the present owners over 15 years.
- A superb investment for those wanting a change of lifestyle, with the benefit of an excellent income.
- Inspection is strongly recommended.
A truly stunning, immaculately presented rural business in open countryside. Between the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks. Superb, fully restored 5 bed farmhouse, outbuildings. Nationally renowned, exclusively adult Caravan Park. In all around 2.7 acres
From the M6, Junction 37, follow the A684 towards Kendal for 2 miles, immediately after the white cottage turn left at crossroads, signposted New Hutton. The Site is on the right in ¾ of a mile at the left bend.
From Kendal, follow A684 towards Sedbergh for 3 miles to the same crossroads and turn right, just past bus shelter on right.
The Location Plan within these particulars indicates the precise location.
The Sale Plan indicates the situation and extent in red.
The Ashes nestles in pleasant countryside surrounded by agricultural land, just south of New Hutton village, between Kendal and Junction 37 of the M6.
It is ideally located for the Yorkshire Dales National Park and the Lake District National Park and is equally suitable for staying en route to Scotland.
The market town of Kendal with all the associated facilities and amenities is approximately 4 miles to the west, whilst Sedbergh and the Yorkshire Dales are within approximately 15 minutes drive.
The M6, Junction 37 is 3 miles to the north east.
Sweeping tarmacked drive from the Main Entrance, via a gateway to lawned, well presented gardens, with turning sweep and parking spaces between the house and detached
Beyond the Garage and Store is a Lawn/Orchard, with damson and apple trees.
UPVC Oil Tank which holds 600 Gallons.
TERRACE: Surrounding the Conservatory with steps down to the turning/parking area. Original well and pump, in working order.
LAWNS: Beyond the Conservatory, sloping down to a hedge adjacent to the Caravan Site. Footpath to the Site.
EXCLUSIVELY ADULT CARAVAN PARK
The Caravan Park, adjoins the southerly boundary of the gardens and grounds of the house and has the benefit of separate access, via a security barrier, into the site which slopes gently down to the far southerly boundary.
The site is surrounded by dry stone walls and hedges and is located in a pleasant hollow, with far reaching views in southerly, easterly and westerly directions.
It extends to 1.5 acres or thereabouts.
The Planning Consent is for touring Caravan Site, including the excellent Facilities Block, which is located towards the westerly boundary.
The consent is for 25 pitches. The site operates between 1 March and 15 November. The present basic rate is £22.00 per night.
All pitches are connected to mains electric and some are fully serviced.
The pitches are located adjacent to the easterly, southerly and westerly boundary walls, with a central, landscaped lawned area between the access drives.
The Facilities Block is located towards the north westerly corner and is finished with stone under a double pitched slated roof. There are ladies and gentlemans facilities and a less abled toilet. There is also a pot washing area. Near the entrance, security barrier, is a covered store for recycling bins.
Further details can be obtained on The Ashes website: www.ashescaravanpark.co.uk.
The income from the Park has been steady during the last three years and provides an excellent profit. Details of the turnover and profit will only be provided to genuine potential buyers.
Mains water and electricity. Private septic tank drainage system for the house, located in the garden. Septic tanks constructed on the Caravan Park. Oil fired central heating in the Farmhouse.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-43902321.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN140315. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.