Garage for saleNewcomen Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS6
470 sq. m.
- Business for sale
- 5,059 sq ft (470 sq m)
- Ref 14076 A
This Freehold business is situated within the large Skippers Lane Industrial Estate in Middlesbrough in North East England off the main trunk road between Middlesbrough and Redcar.
The business operates from a large modern purpose built double entrance unit, circa 4500sq ft with yard to the front and vacant land to the side.
The unit benefits from extensive yard parking to the front.
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Merc-Spec which specialises in the professional servicing, testing, air conditioning, diagnostics and repair of prestige marques such as Mercedes, Porsche, VW, Audi, BMW, Jeeps, Smart, Dodge, Chrysler and other GM marques with approved bodywork.
• It also provides MOT testing Class 4 and 7
• It has its own spray booth on site.
• It's services also included collection, delivery and on site diagnostics.
• It has its own fleet of vehicles, namely a recovery truck, a pick up truck, 2 service vans, a pool car and 3 courtesy cars which are included in the sale.
• This excellent and long established business was founded by our client in 1989 in Middlesbrough town centre before moving to its present location in 2007.
• Please refer to the website www.merc-spec.co.uk for further details.
• It enjoys good turnover which continues to grow annually.
• Our client is reluctantly selling for family reasons.
• It has a great reputation with many loyal and repeat customers travelling from far and wide.
The business will continue to grow generically with capacity to grow further with extra staff, longer hours and weekend openings.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a new owner to buy and develop this very successful well respected, profitable and established freehold business.
PREMISES & EQUIPMENT
The business is run from a purpose built ground large industrial unit circa4500 sq ft within the Skippers Lane Industrial Estate in Middlesbrough.
The front yard provides extensive parking facilities.
Pedestrian access is through the modern office suite including a very attractive reception, offices, public waiting and viewing areas and toilets.
There are 2 high shutter door entrances for vehicles either side of the office suite leading to a large workshop and garage with 3 service bays , 2 standing bays, 4 working bays, 1 MOT bay and 7 ramps ( 5x2 post 2x4 post).
The unit also has its own spray booth within the workshop.
There are large stock and storage areas including a mezzanine floor over the office suite.
There is also a mezzanine floor at the rear of the unit with staff room and canteen.
At the side of the unit is a large vacant plot of land which has been used in the past for vehicle sales.
The sale includes ramps, MOT bay, diagnostics, tyre machines, rollers, spray booth equipment, office equipment and fittings, pick-up truck, service vans, pool car and courtesy cars.
A full Inventory will be provided on sale.
The owner values the assets including the vehicles at £235000 approx.
We are advised that the premises are of Freehold tenure.
Business rates are £5600 pa
Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm.
Saturday and Sunday closed.
The business is run by the owner, 2 Office Staff, 3 Mechanics and a Vehicle Sprayer.
Staff costs are approx £2500 pw.
We are advised that the 2016 accounts confirm turnover at £345,000 pa with gross profit of around 66%. Projected turnover for this financial year is expected to be higher.
The business carries about £10000 stock including parts and tyres.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 14076A. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hilton Smythe, Bolton . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.