Commercial Property for saleGrammar's Common, Brighstone
- Block of attractive woodland
- Extending to approximately 42.79 acres
- Available as a whole or in two lots
- Lot 1: 13.06 acres (5.29 hectares)
- Lot 2: 29.73 acres (12.03 hectares)
DESCRIPTION Grammar's Common, Brighstone is a block of attractive woodland extending to approximately 42.79 acres (17.32 hectares). It consists mainly of conifers, but with a portion of broadleaved trees and has a range of young and mature trees.
DESIGNATIONS The woodland lies within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). It is as a Site of Importance for Nature Conservation (SINC).
LOTTING The property is available as a whole or in two lots:
The Whole: 42.79 acres (17.32 hectares)
Lot 1: 13.06 acres (5.29 hectares)
Lot 2: 29.73 acres (12.03 hectares)
SPORTING RIGHTS These are not in the ownership of the Vendor and are exercised by a shoot tenant who uses the woodland as part of a pheasant shoot.
ACCESS The woodland is accessed from Strawberry Lane via a track from the road (coloured blue on the sale plan). There is a right of access within the lease from the main road to the woodland. Lot 2 has a right of access over the track coloured pink on the sale plan. There is a network of unsurfaced woodland rides allowing access internally.
RIGHTS OF WAY Public Footpath BS43 runs from the north western corner of the woodland to the south eastern corner.
COVENANTS The sale will be subject to a covenant restricting the land to agricultural, woodland/forestry, horticultural or private equestrian use.
WAYLEAVES The benefit of all wayleaves, if any, relating to the land being sold will transfer to the purchaser.
TENURE The woodland is being sold on a leasehold basis. There are two leases: 999 years from 23rd July 1929; 970 years from 2nd February 1959. Further details available from the Agent.
SERVICES No services are connected.
CONTACT Arielle Elton-Walters, BCM (IOW) LLP, Willow Barn, Long Lane, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 2NW
T: 01983 828800 E: email@example.com
DIRECTIONS From Newport, head south on the A3020 to St. George's Roundabout. Take the second exit onto Medina Avenue and continue on this road as it becomes Trafalgar Road. Turn left onto Carisbrooke Road (B3323). Take a slight right at the roundabout onto Carisbrooke High Street (B3401). Continue straight ahead at the Waverley Roundabout for approximately 4.2 miles. In Calbourne, turn left onto Lynch Lane (opposite the Sun Inn) and continue for 1.6 miles. Turn right onto Strawberry Lane at the top of the hill. The woodland can be found on the left after 0.6 miles.
LOCAL AUTHORITY Isle of Wight Council, County Hall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1UD
W: www.iwight.com T: 01983 821000
IMPORTANT NOTICE BCM and their clients give notice that:-
1. They have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and BCM has not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Photos taken and Particulars prepared October 2017.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Lymington Pier (8.8 mi)
Disclaimer - Property reference 102655000095. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by BCM, Isle of Wight. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.