5 bedroom farm for saleStourscombe, Launceston
- Panoramic views of Kensey Valley and Dartmoor
- Five bedroom, three reception farmhouse
- Private location on fringe of town, but within walking distance of Launceston's facilities
- Detached traditional stone barn
- Approximately 42.71 acres of free draining pasture
- Future development potential
- Very well maintained throughout by the present owners
- EPC - F
A private yet conveniently located smallholding with 5 bedroom house, barn, future development potential and panoramic views, set within approximately 42.71 acres.
180° panoramic views across the Kensey Valley and Dartmoor. 5 bedroom house, with LPG gas central heating. Private location on fringe of town, but within walking distance of Launceston’s facilities. Detached traditional stone barn. Approximately 42.71 acres of free draining pasture. Future development potential with land immediately adjacent to residential housing estate. Very well maintained throughout by the present owners. EPC: F
With a 180° panoramic view to the north over Devon and the Tamar Valley, west over the Kensey Valley and Launceston (where Launceston Castle dominates the skyline) and east to Dartmoor, Stourscombe Farm is brilliantly located on the fringe of Launceston town sitting at approximately 140m above sea level.
A ring fenced block of pasture land extending to approximately 42.71 acres surrounds the farmstead. Of this acreage, a single 8.23 acre pasture field is on the opposite side of the public highway and is offered as a separate lot to the main portion of Stourscombe Farm.
At the farmstead is a well apportioned and good quality 5 bedroom south facing farmhouse, of modern construction and stunning views from the first floor. Stourscombe Farm has its own driveway. The farmhouse benefits from LPG fired central heating, double glazing, good sized rooms and a south facing conservatory. Our clients have been residents for 45 years!
Stourscombe Farm is unique in its setting. It is rare to find a private rural property, with far reaching panoramic views, that is within walking distance from Launceston town centre and the facilities on the southwest of the town, such as Launceston College, leisure centre and 24hr supermarket.
The former market town of Launceston provides a comprehensive range of shopping, schooling, commercial and recreational facilities. The town straddles the A30 dual carriageway which is the spine road throughout the southwest, enabling ease of access west towards popular beaches, traditional fishing ports and scenic walking. To the east the A30 connects to Exeter and both the mainline rail network and motorway network.
Launceston is conveniently located in Cornwall, in that it is equal distance to the north and south coast, and is situated in the Tamar Valley which is mid-way between the dramatic moorland settings of Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor.
From Stourscombe Farm one can enjoy quiet country walking and peaceful outriding on the back roads, or walk from the Property along footpaths and pavements all the way to Launceston town centre.
The three regional cities of Truro, Plymouth and Exeter are all within 1 hours drive.z
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 8298768. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Kivells, Launceston. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.