Shop for saleAlbert Street, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21
- Business for sale
- Ref 14442 G
Goodie Two Shoes is located in an independent quarter of the town, close to the main shopping area of Rugby in a period terraced property alongside other complimentary retail businesses and opposite the Post Office and as such, enjoys high levels of footfall and passing trade.
The business is nicely presented and maintained and is well signed with visible and distinctive livery. There is metered, on-street parking immediately outside the business and there are a number of inexpensive, public car parks within a few minutes' walk.
Rugby is a market town in Warwickshire, the town has a population of roughly 71,000 making it the second largest in the county. The town centre is noted for its large number of pubs and the main shopping area in the streets around the Clock Tower; two of which -High Street and Sheep Street are pedestrianised. A street market is held in the town centre several times a week.
Goodie Two Shoes was established over 30 years ago by the current owner and is now only being sold albeit reluctantly so that the owner can enjoy a well-deserved retirement.
The business is a supplier of the widest range of fancy dress, dance wear, dance shoes, wedding dresses and accessories. The business also stocks balloons and offers repairs and alterations.
The business enjoys great visibility on the internet with its own website and Facebook page (over 380 likes) and fantastic online reviews. The business has many regular customers and additionally has links with local dance schools and private schools. The website domain goodietwoshoes.co.uk is available under separate negotiation.
Scope to improve: -
• Advertising and marketing campaign, most of the business comes currently through 'word of mouth'.
• Upgrade the current website perhaps offering an e-commerce facility.
• Introduce a customer loyalty/referral scheme.
• Introduce more wedding dresses and accessories, big demand locally.
• Extend the opening hours.
• Consider an eBay shop.
• Explore online voucher offerings from the likes of Groupon and Wowcher.
• Expand the existing van sales part of the business.
PREMISES & EQUIPMENT
Goodie Two Shoes occupies the ground and first floors of a period terraced property and is presented and maintained to a high standard.
Double fronted with windows and glazed door to front creating a light and airy interior, deceptively spacious and cleverly designed to maximise the space available, window display areas, wood effect flooring, suspended ceiling with concealed lighting, bespoke L-shaped counter with till, card machine and wrapping area, LED spotlighting, freestanding glass display cabinet and hanging wall space.
Rear Shop/ Customer Fitting Room -
Leading on from the front of the business is a further generously proportioned shop area which is currently used as a customer fitting room, with bespoke footwear shelving to the left, along with hanging rails for the display of the fancy dress costumes and loads of wall hanging space, customer seating area and door to the rear yard.
To the rear of the shop is a good sized and secure yard mainly laid to gravel with paved areas. There is a good sized and recently built metal storage shed which may be available by separate negotiation.
To the first floor
First room which has a small kitchenette with a microwave, fridge, washing machine and 2 tumble driers but offering the potential to increase the shop area or perhaps as a wedding and prom dress boutique.
Second Room - available by separate negotiation.
The rooms could be sub-let to a complimentary business.
The sale includes an industrial overlocking machine.
We are advised this is a leasehold sale.
Five years remain on the current lease, as of 2017.
The rent is an extremely reasonable £9,500 per annum and we are further advised that the landlord would be happy to negotiate a mutually acceptable lease with a new owner.
There are no business rates currently payable.
The business currently opens:-
Mon and Tues 10.00-17.00
Weds - CLOSED
Thurs and Fri - 10.00 to 17.00
Sat 09.00 - 17.00
Sunday - CLOSED
The business is owner managed with the help of one part time member of staff and casuals as and when required.
As of the 2015 accounts, the business generated an advised turnover of circa £68,000; with a gross profit of 45%.
No business rates payable.
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers.
• Little or no competition locally.
• Minimal running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates.
• Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
• A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, current owner has been running at a pace to suit.
• Ideal owner managed or husband and wife business.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 14442G. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hilton Smythe, Bolton . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.