Retail Property (high street) for saleSt Peters Street, St. Albans, Hertfordshire
- Turnover for Y/E 30/6/2018: £498,142
- Gross Profit for Y/E 30/06/2018: £168,172
- Net Profit for Y/E 30/06/2018: £139,911
- Additional Residential Rental Income
- Prominent Brand Trading for c. 100 years
- Energy Rating C
- Premises Licence granted by St Albans City & District Council
ANNUAL RENT: £42,500 (incl. flat)
*NOW WITH LICENCE TO SELL ALCOHOL*
A three-storey brick built building, equipped for the sale of newspapers, magazines, cigarettes, cards, sandwiches and convenience store items such as food and alcohol. There is ample customer footfall and a good visual presence on the high street.
The shop is situated in the heart of the affluent city of St Albans, which is located approximately 25 miles North of London.
The nearest train station is St Albans City (0.6 miles), which offers a journey time to London of approx.18 minutes.
Retail space is circa 450 sq/ft and to the rear of the store is a stockroom/sandwich preparation area, along with a w.c.
Fixtures & Fittings
We are advised by our clients that all fixtures and fittings are owned outright and included in the price sought for the premium.
There is a two bedroom apartment with separate access, currently let at a rent of £1070.00 per calendar month in additional income.
Additional storage is available by means of a detached storage unit in the gated rear yard area. The Council has allocated a single parking space to the rear of the store (an annual parking permit is required at additional cost).
This business has been operated by the current occupiers for 36 years. The business before their ownership had been trading for circa 100 years.
There is scope to grow the trade further through increased opening hours and diversifying the product range.
We recommend a viewing to fully appreciate this business opportunity.
The business is currently run by the owner and 2 members of staff.
Additional financial and trading information is available on request.
Monday – Saturday 5:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday 5:00am to 4:00pm
The rateable value is £16,260, effective from 1st April 2017.
It is advised that interested parties make their own enquiries with the Local Authority.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-52170315.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference COM170013. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Collinson Hall, St Albans. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.