12 bedroom leisure facility for saleBrean Road, Lympsham, Weston-Super-Mare, Avon
Offers in Excess of
- Village of Lympsham ¼ mile away.
- Located 2 miles from the sea.
- Period farmhouse with 4 double bedrooms (all ensuite).
- Unspoilt countryside views to Brent Knoll and the Mendip Hills.
- 4 holiday letting cottages each with 2 bedrooms (both ensuite).
- All cottages have the VisitEngland 4 Star rating.
- Cottage facilities include games room, laundry room and children's outdoor play area.
- Outbuildings comprise garage adjoining the farmhouse and large detached barn with well-equipped games room and secure workshop.
- Set in 3.42 acres including level paddocks.
- Potential for further business expansion.
The present owners have been successfully running the business since early 2009. The cottages trade all-year-round and enjoy high occupancy rates and repeat custom.
The business is marketed predominantly via the internet and its website which makes up 70% of the trade, (www.hopefarmcottages.co.uk), plus repeat business and recommendations.
Several opportunities exist to increase income further. Trading information is available to bona fide purchasers.
Hope Farmhouse was rebuilt in 1868 and records show a house on the site since at least 1539. It is the only brick house of seventeen built in the village by the Reverend Stephenson and is of traditional construction under a double pitched clay tiled roof. The house is south facing, enjoys unspoilt countryside views.
The farmhouse provides 4 double bedrooms (all ensuite) and includes such features as flagstone floors, exposed beams, vaulted ceiling and revealed roof trusses. The property benefits from uPVC double-glazed windows which have been sympathetically installed behind the mullioned windows.
The 4 cottages have been converted from the original stone open-fronted farm outbuildings. They are all rated 4 Star by VisitEngland. The cottages are single storey and all rooms are wheelchair accessible.
Each cottage has a double bedroom with ensuite, a twin-bedded room with further ensuite as well as an open plan sitting room/dining room and kitchen area. The cottages are electrically heated, supplemented by a feature living flame fire in the sitting room and have DVD and VHS players and WiFi along with internet connection available. The kitchen is equipped with a range of modern wall and base cupboards, electric cooker, microwave oven and fridge/freezer.
The cottages have a courtyard to the front with seating for guests and have views to the paddocks to the rear. Gravel car parking adjoins the courtyard.
Games Room Located in the barn with Pool table with lights over, table tennis and table football. Computer games. Gym equipment. Video and DVD collection. Sensor lighting.
Laundry Room Coin operated tumble dryer and automatic washing machine. Shelving. Guest chest freezer. Information Room tourist information, books, games and payphone.
Childrens Outdoor Play Area Enclosed by fencing with swings, separate toddlers swing and climbing frame.
The property is set in 3.42 acres including gardens, grounds, fenced paddocks and car parking.
The current owners run a smallholding with chickens, rare breeds pigs and sheep on site.
Garage 5.76 x 3.60 (810 x 1110) Adjoining the house with wooden double access doors. Concrete floor. Lighting and power. Window to rear. Wooden slat door into the farmhouse boot room.
Barn With concrete floor. Skylights providing good natural light. Power and water. Integral secure workshop with burglar alarm and three phase electricity: 4.84 x 3.71 (1511 x 122).
The property has two highway entrances onto a gravel driveway with a car parking area next to the farmhouse for over 10 cars.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-54925612.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
- View Picture No. 26 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture No. 24 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture No. 25 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture No. 28 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture No. 27 for this property See full size version online
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TMC160054. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts Commercial, Taunton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.