Restaurant for saleShildon, County Durham, North East, DL4
- Ref:13915 A
Hilton Smythe is delighted to introduce to the market Clems Fish Restaurant.
Established over 40 years ago, this family run business operates from a modern premise and fitted with a high level of equipment and modern furnishings which includes a newly refitted 2 bedroom flat.
Clems Fish Restaurant is very well known in the area and sees a high amount of repeat trade as well as benefiting from passing trade due to the excellent location.
This traditional fish and chip restaurant and take away has an outstanding reputation for the quality of produce all freshly prepared on-site.
Our clients are keen supporters of the Fish Fight campaign. Currently 80% of the turnover is derived from takeaway sales and 20% from Eat in customers.
Currently run to suit the needs of our client, the business offers endless scope to increase the profit levels by simply reducing the high levels of staffing costs which includes a Manager.
Any new owner working full time in the business could save a minimum of £25,000 per year as well as extend the current opening hours.
The restaurant is immaculately presented with a total of 28 covers. The business has an informative website and posts regular updates and features on social media to promote awareness of the business.
Early viewing of this long-established business in a prime location is highly recommended, with the business genuinely coming to the market as our client wishes to retire.
The business is located in the busy town of Shildon.
Clems Fish Restaurant is in a prime trading location in a pedestrianized area in the heart of the town, directly left of the main bus station and just 0.7 miles from Shildon train station.
Also close by is Shildon railway museum attracts which attracts a lot of trade. There is free customer parking on the same street.
The area sees a high amount of footfall and regular bus services running throughout the day. The town is easily accessible from several A roads and is connected to the national motorway network via the A688 and A1.
Well-presented shop with excellent new signage.
The entrance opens into the takeaway section of the business with a large serving area over a 3-pan stainless steel range. To the rear is a preparation kitchen with large storage room.
To the left of the shop is the restaurant with customer toilets.
Small Managers office with CCTV (6 x camera system)
The kitchen is well equipped and includes:
• Walk-in cold room with new compressor
• New boiler (with 7-year guarantee)
• 25lb potato washer
• 2 x chippers
• 2 x chest freezers
• Crpto Rotapan
• Gas hob
• Washing machine
• Wall mounted storage cupboards
• Stainless steel prep tables
• Fish fridge
• All other essential equipment and utensils.
To the rear is the kitchen which comes equipped with stainless steel workbenches and crockery, cutlery and utensils to service the busy restaurant.
1st Floor - accessed by private front door to the front of the property with a connecting door into the restaurant which is currently not used.
Hallway - loft access to large unused loft space which could further increase bedroom space if required
• Very large family bathroom with bath and over shower
• Double bedroom with fitted wardrobe and window to the front
• Large lounge with corner aspect and 2 large windows
• 2nd double bedroom with side window
• Kitchen/diner - new fitted kitchen and boiler included
• Door to - newly fitted terrace roof, large space ideal for private garden and secluded owners’ space (new roof fitted at cost of £3k)
We are advised the business is Freehold
The business currently opens: -
Monday to Saturday 11.00am to 8.30pm.
The business is owner run with 4 part time staff and 4 full time staff, any new owners could reduce this to part time staff only to increase profit levels
According to the latest set of accounts (2015-2016) the business reports turnover at £162,218 with gross profit at around 52%. The adjusted net profit is in the region of £30-£35,000.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 13915A. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hilton Smythe, Bolton . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.