Retail Property (high street) for saleMarket Place, Holt, Norfolk, NR25
- Business for sale
- Prime Location in High Street
- Highly Sought After Town
- Local and Tourist Trade
- Possible Change of Use
- Genuine Reason for Sale
- Affluent North Norfolk
- Long Established
- Many Returning Customers
- Favourable Lease
- Viewing Recommended
We are delighted to bring to the market for the first time in over 25 years this long-established businesses situated in a prime position in the centre of the very desirable North Norfolk town of Holt. Being very well regarded by all that enter it is no surprise that the shop has enjoyed the odd royal and celebrity visitors in the past! Having a customer base of both locals as well as the many tourists that visit the area, including many repeat and returning ones, means that the business enjoys a year-round trade and is not dependent just on the summer season.
This represents an ideal opportunity for someone looking to acquire a solid long-standing business in one of the best locations in the region. Alternatively, there is the possibility of acquiring these premises and changing the use to suit a different business need.
THE BUSINESS ITSELFOpened back in 1999 the House and Garden Shop has become a mainstay of Holt's busy High Street and Market Place attracting people to it from all over the country and even further afield. The shop is a delight of individual pieces, ideal purchases for birthday or wedding gifts but also to adorn one's own home and garden. With a collection of items from lamps, cushions, clocks, frames, furniture, mirrors, crockery and such like it is easy to see what draws the passing public inside. With a price range from £5-£500 there is something to suit everyone's budget giving the shop a nice feeling of being classy and upmarket whilst being inclusive to all.
Stocking desirable wholesale brands such as 'Terrace & Garden', 'Isabelle Avenida' and 'Authentic Models' which are found in very few other places, customers come to the shop to see the items rather than buying on line, particularly as pricing is kept competitive with the internet.
With a turnover of c.£130k pa the business boasts a strong net profit margin whilst offering scope for someone new to add their own ideas to develop things further. The vendors will of course be prepared to provide a full handover of existing suppliers and contacts as well as details of trade shows where they purchase from to the new owners. There would though also be a clear benefit to someone who produces their own range of gifts or such like to display and sell to what one could say is a captive and motivated audience.
ACCOMMODATIONALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
This beautifully presented traditional shop benefits from a full height display window with new canopy over offering the ideal spot for people to stop and look before being drawn inside to browse further.
Set over two floors, at ground level you will find the shop showroom with original timber flooring and wall panelling with a range of shelving, cabinets and furniture displaying the many pieces that the shop has to offer. To the rear of the shop there is a staircase leading to the lower ground floor level and an area for the counter and till. This floor also benefits from a hot/cold air-conditioning unit.
Moving downstairs is an additional showroom again with a beautiful range of pieces stylishly presented to tempt customers into making a purchase. The hallway leading to the rear stockroom again provides an opportunity to display further items all the time making best use of the space without the feeling of there being too much in there. In the stockroom is a small kitchen set up including sink and in a separate room next door is the W.C.
The layout, character and charm of the property would seemingly make it an ideal home for this type of business and so we would strongly recommend a viewing to appreciate in full what is on offer here.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 28 08 73 to make an appointment.
Finance available to suitable purchasers
Business to Sell or Let?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on Rightmove.co.uk, other portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
- Sheringham (5.5 mi)
BroadbandShow average broadband speed at this postcode Average broadband speed within this postcode Finding the fastest speed... Compare broadband deals
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Sheringham (5.5 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Disclaimer - Property reference HA33750E. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EM&F Group, East Anglia. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.