Land for saleLartington High Moor, County Durham
- Prime Moorland
- Approximately 530 Hectares
- Situated Between Cotherstone & Bowes Moor
- Guide Price: £350,000 - £375,000
For sale by private treaty an extensive area of prime moorland set between Cotherstone and Bowes Moor extending to approx 1310 acres (530 hectares).
Lartington High Moor forms the upper reaches of the drainage system for Deepdale which flows ultimately into the River Tees at Barnard Castle.
The area as defined upon the plan is part fenced by the tenant to Cotherstone Moor and to the Cumbrian boundary, but is unfenced to the north side of Bowes moor.
The area is an impressive tract of land which runs from the Great Allotment to the Cumbrian border following the main watershed.
The area is more particularly outlined upon the attached plan coloured blue which also shows the main track access to the site.
Farm Business Tenancy
The land is subject to a Farm Business Tenancy for 50 years starting from 13th day of May 2008. The current rental is £8,000 per annum payable half yearly in arrears.
The Sporting Rights are owned by a third party.
Included in the sale so far as owned.
1. The land is not subject to an SSI designation.
2. Lartington High Moor lies within the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Basic Payment Scheme
The tenant makes the claim in respect of the BPS and all entitlements are registered to
Easements and Rights of Way
The access to Lartington High Moor is made along a track as marked red on the attached plan.
The vendor shall retain a specific provision within the contract by way of claw back or uplift clause for a period of 100 years at a rate of 50% of any uplift in value from agricultural use for the purposes of wind or hydroelectric power generation. The benefit of election as either (i) an annual sum under any form of leasing agreement or (ii) a capital payment upon the proposal becoming operational or being disposed of one planning permission has been received based upon the market value of the asset.
The owners of the sporting rights exercise their rights annually and retain rights of access to preserve, shoot game, rabbits and other species over the property.
In accordance with The Estate Agents Act 1979, prospective purchasers please note that the tenant is related to an employee of Addisons Chartered Surveyors.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment through the selling agents T: 01833 638094 opt 1.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2953. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Addisons Chartered Surveyors, Barnard Castle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.