8 bedroom hotel for saleMillers Beck, Millbridge Lane, Stainton, Kendal
- A truly exceptional country guest house enjoying a prominent rural location with delightful views.
- Highly successful, long established business.
- Detached stone and slate built former mill, comprehensively refurbished by the present owners.
- Two self-contained guest apartments, one with two double bedrooms, the other with one.
- Five bedrooms, all en-suite [four currently used for Bed and Breakfast].
- The guest house blends traditional features, such as exposed beams with modern contemporary styling to create a beautifully appointed and immaculately presented property.
- Double glazed throughout and oil fired central heating.
- Attractively laid out gardens including the former mill race.
- Two driveways providing off-road car parking.
An outstanding award winning detached country guest house with five en-suite bedrooms plus two self-contained guest apartments. Superb owners accommodation. Highly successful, long established business with potential for growth.
Excellent, prominent position located on the A65 between Kendal and junction 36 of the M6 motorway. Energy Rating "F".
From Kendal take the A65 Burton Road out of the town in a south easterly direction for about four miles, passing The Punch Bowl pub at Barrows Green on the way. After The Punch Bowl take the next turning on the left into Millbridge Lane where the property will be found immediately on the right.
The property occupies a prominent corner position at the junction of the A65 Kendal to Kirkby Lonsdale road with Millbridge Lane.
The guest house is surrounded by attractive rolling countryside and enjoys lovely views. On the other side of the lane is a working farm.
The property forms part of the community of Stainton, a scattering of houses and farms, located about four miles south of the historic market town of Kendal and a similar distance from junction 36 of the M6 motorway. Being located on one of the main roads into Kendal from the M6 the property enjoys excellent passing trade.
Kendal, renowned as being the gateway to the Lake District, is a thriving town and a popular tourist destination in its own right. In addition to enjoying excellent road links to the motorway network there is a railway station at nearby Oxenholme for the London to Glasgow West Coast main line.
Millers Beck is a perfect base for these wishing to explore this most beautiful part of the world and for accessing the coast, the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales.
There are driveways to either side of the guest house providing off-road car parking.
Fenced and hedged garden to rear comprising a lawn and herbaceous flowerbeds. Timber garden shed.
The walled millrace provides an attractive feature. The millrace, which has several drops creating waterfalls, is crossed by a bridge linking the maingarden with a patio and garden area adjacent to the owners living room.
To the side of the guest house is a further lawned garden area.
Mains water and electricity. Bottled gas for the cooker. Oil fired central heating. Septic tank drainage.
Fitted carpets, curtains, and light fittings together with all furniture and effects necessary for the running of the guest house are included. Personal items are not included. A room by room inventory of items to be included is available for inspection by interested parties.
The accounts showing turnover costs and net profit levels are available for inspection by genuinely interested parties only.
The property is offered for sale as our clients wish to retire. The well-established business was taken over by our clients in 2009 who have since developed the business further and comprehensively refurbished the property.
The sale of the property and business will include the website www.millersbeck.co.uk.
The existing millrace provides a constant flow of water. The owners have made enquiries regarding the potential for the millrace to generate electricity, which has received a positive response. The owners would be willing to discuss this further with interested parties during a viewing.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-60339067.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN150277. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.