Shop for saleGosport, Hampshire, , PO12
- Business for sale
Hilton Smythe are delighted to offer to the market Newsround.
Established in the heart of Gosport over 20 years ago and reluctantly offered for sale due to our clients wish to concentrate on her young family,
The thriving business recently relocated allowing a full refurbishment of the new unit, including a new alarm system, CCTV system, electric shutters and decor.
All equipment will be included including a full business transfer.
We are advised the business attracts a healthy mix of loyal local customers, office workers, retail workers, commuters and summer tourists.
The business offers the largest choice of magazines in town with many customers taking monthly subscriptions of ranges not available in other similar shops in the area, they also sell:
• Greeting cards
• Ice cream
• Chilled drinks
• Large range of confectionery
• Bagged sweets
• Children's games and books
• National lottery
• Pay point
• DHL parcel collection
• Photocopying Services
Currently the business turnover averages at around £20,000 per week which is split £12,000 for lottery, Pay point and DHL and £8,000 for retail sales of the remaining categories.
Our client uses Bookers, Batley’s, Cardwell and Smiths for suppliers who deliver direct.
The business benefits from a very large shop unit which could easily be reorganised to focus on areas which could drive further sales. There is currently a limited selection of wines and spirits which could be improved by increasing the display and choice. Adding a Western Union money transfer service would also increase footfall and sales commission
Any new owner could also look to increase the grocery lines, tourist lines as well as extending the hours especially in the summer months.
Newsround enjoys one of the most enviable trading position on the High Street in Gosport, Hampshire.
The business is surrounded by all the main banks, building societies, borough council offices, retail shops, coffee shops and bars and only 2 mins walk to the Gosport Ferry terminal, a busy Aldi store is 2 mins way including Gosport Marina.
Gosport is a town located on the eastern side of Portsmouth, approx 13 miles by car via the A32 and A27 link roads or only 4 minutes if taken by ferry.
There is a large pay and display car park directly in front of the business.
The business recall relocated to the opposite side of the street due to the development of the existing building into a new multimillion Travelodge hotel with 54 new rooms.
Very large shop includes:
• Tall glass fronted beer display chiller
• Tall glass fronted chilled drinks chilled
• Single drinks fridge
• Large open drinks chiller
• Glass fronted drinks chiller
• 3 tier glass fronted ice cream freezer
• Large full-length central display gondolier
• 3 x greeting card stands
• Lottery stand
• Full length magazine stand and newspaper stand
• Raised service counter with storage
• Cigarette gantry
• Pay point machine
• Lottery terminal with scratch cards stand
• Wines and spirits shelving
• Card machine and till
Small stockroom to the right of the counter.
Secure rear office, staff kitchen facilities and toilet.
We are advised the business is been sold as a Leasehold opportunity with a renewable 5-year lease in place with 4 years remaining paying £15,500 per year.
The annual business rates payable currently at £8,800.
Monday to Saturday: 6.30 am - 6.00 pm
Sunday: 8.00 am – 2.00 pm
The business in owned and managed by our client with the help of 3 part time staff members.
We are advised the turnover for this current year should be in the region of £1,000,000 with approx £600,000 from lottery, Paypoint and DHL and £400,000 form the retail sales side.
The GP currently averages at around 20% for the combined retail sales and commission paid of around £21,000.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference B04912. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hilton Smythe, Bolton . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.