Commercial Development for saleBannockburn House, Stirling, FK7
Sold by Us
- 26 acres (10.5 hectares)
- Category A Listed Building of Historic Importance
- Constructed In The 17th Century With 19th Century Additions
- Suitable For A Number Of Uses Subject To Planning
- Sitting in Approximately 26 acres
- Further 2 Storey Outbuildings In Addition To Main House
- Used By Bonnie Prince Charlie As Military Headquarters
The property comprises the main Bannockburn House being a three stored 'E' shape building with central hallway and two, three storied gabled wings together with a large 2 storied Victorian extension to the rear. The property was laid out to staff kitchens and stores to the basement, entertaining rooms at ground floor level and residents bedrooms to the first floor with further bedrooms across the second floor. There is also access to the roof void which was presumably used for further staff quarters in the past but an inspection of this area was not carried out due to difficulty of access. There are further two storied outbuildings currently used as workshops and stores (formerly workers accommodation) together with separate stables and sits within approximately 26 acres between the A91 and M9. A proportion of this land is made up of a small wooded area with the remainder being open grassland which all has the potential for future housing development subject to planning consent.
Bannockburn House was built in the late 17th Century with amendments in the 19th Century and was the seat of Sir Hugh Patterson in 1675. It was briefly used by Bony Prince Charlie as his military headquarters and then later as a safe haven before his exile to France.
The house itself consists of a three storied property with full cellars and is of traditional brick and stone construction under a slate roof. The cellars are full height and laid out to form the former servants kitchens and stores and also afford access to the lower ground level to the annexed outbuildings. The property is accessed via its own private driveway.
There are also two outbuildings which are two storied and of similar construction. They are currently being used for vehicle and furniture storage. One of the buildings was formerly used as workers cottages and the other building for implement storage, but this use ceased many years ago.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-61886537.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 119. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hallams Property Consultants , Macclesfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.