Restaurant for saleClare, Suffolk, CO10
- Business for sale
- Sought After Affluent Location
- Huge Potential for Growth
- Limited Competition
- Only Open 3 Nights a Week
- New Lease
- Full of Character
- Prime Spot in Town
- Excellent Reputation
- 2 Bed Apartment Above
- 5 Star Food Hygiene Rating
If you are looking to run your own bistro or café which offers huge opportunity to increase turnover significantly in a highly sought after and affluent location in the beautiful Suffolk countryside then you really must view as they do not get much better than this one.
Currently only operating three evenings a week there is significant potential to open during the day as a cafe and enjoy the increased rewards that this would bring. Add to the mix a spacious two bedroom first floor apartment providing ideal owners accommodation, it is easy to see why this business will attract a lot of attention and so we would urge interested parties to contact us at their earliest convenience.
THE BUSINESS ITSELFThe business has previously successfully operated as a café however due to the vendors desire to reduce their hours they have this year decided to only open as a bistro at night and the new owner could easily combine the two should they so wish or alternatively continue to work the limited hours currently enjoyed.
Offering a relaxed dining experience in a welcoming and characterful surroundings there is a charming atmosphere to the premises which is a big draw to customers as is the fresh, good quality but unpretentious food and wine menu.
Currently taking in the region of £1,800 p.w just on the three evening openings it would not be unreasonable to expect turnover to be able to reach the £4,000 p.w mark if the business was operated on a full time basis combining both a cafe and bistro.
ACCOMMODATIONALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
The premises really are a joy, situated in the upmarket locality of Clare and benefiting from one of the most prominent positions in the town with a double aspect looking out to the main square and visible to passing traffic in three directions, this really is the best spot to be.
The Grade 2 listed building has a wealth of features and character with many items of interest. Upon entering from the street into the restaurant, the ambience is obvious even when empty. The good sized restaurant seats 30 coverswith a selection of table sizes and measures approx 5.18 m x 8.06 m. The room is partly split in two by steps up and original timber stud work and has an open fireplace with Bessemer beam (currently unused). Large feature windows let in lots of natural light in and it has tiled flooring to the lower level and Parquet flooring to the upper. A good sized and well fitted customer toilet is provided and the restaurant further benefits from a full sound system as well as gas fired central heating.
The kitchen area is partially open to the restaurant which adds to the ambience and feel of the place and is again partly split in two with a cold food and drink preparation area with a range of fridges, freezer, shelving, work surfaces, hand wash, urn, microwave, ice machine and storage. Moving into the cooking and washing area one will find it set with four induction hobs, stainless steel work surfaces with under counter fridge, extraction hood, oven, griddle and microwaves with the washing area providing pot wash sink, dishwasher and space for a washing machine. The kitchen was fully fitted out by the vendor only three years ago and so is in very good condition and order.
Outside is a small courtyard area with views over the church and providing a covered space where the vendor currently cooks many a flame grilled dish over the gas BBQ with a cold smoker and work surfaces.
Moving upstairs to the residential apartment which is well presented and is also full of character and charm. Original windows to the front have secondary double glazing fitted reducing outside noise and again there are exposed timbers throughout. The living room is a a surprisingly good size and can fit three double sofas as well as a recessed office area with room for a desk and enjoys a double aspect with far reaching views of the village. There are in addition two double bedrooms and a good sized bathroom with double width shower off a spacious landing and hallway with good quality carpets fitted throughout. There is also a large attic with dormer window currently used for storage.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on to make an appointment.
Finance available to suitable purchasers
Business to Sell or Let?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on Rightmove.co.uk, other portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
- Sudbury (7.2 mi)
BroadbandShow average broadband speed at this postcode Average broadband speed within this postcode Finding the fastest speed... Compare broadband deals
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Sudbury (7.2 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Disclaimer - Property reference R34193E. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EM&F , East Anglia. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.