3 bedroom leisure facility for saleBrompton Regis, Dulverton, Somerset
- Historic mill with long established Tea Rooms with river frontage gardens and retail barn within the National Park.
- Established Tea Rooms with 24/30 covers.
- Tea gardens with river frontage for a further 30/36 covers.
- 3 bedroom self-contained first floor apartment.
- Set in 1.28 acres with a paddock of 0.96 acres with potential for livestock and organic farming.
- Car park for 5/6 vehicles with river frontage.
The property has been developed by the present owners who are now looking to retire after purchasing the property in 1979. The business runs as a successful and established Tea Rooms and Craft Centre set within Exmoor National Park and has built up high levels of repeat business due to its location and trade.
The property has been featured on television with ITV Country Ways and featured in two of Marcia Willets novels. The property has won This Englands Finest Tea Rooms Award in 2013 due to its level of service and character building.
There is potential to expand the business by introducing evening meals as a bistro and the field is currently under-utilised and would ideally suit organic farming.
Currently the Tea Rooms bake all their own cakes and provide homemade light lunches along with a Sunday lunch at £8.95, using local produce including Styles Ice Cream and Miles Tea both from Minehead.
The barn shop is a detached traditional stone barn which has potential to be converted into further accommodation for the Tea Rooms, a farm shop to compliment the organic farming, antique centre or to convert it into a holiday letting cottage subject to gaining the relevant planning consents.
There are higher levels of demand for guest accommodation in the area which is something that a new owner may consider.
There is potential subject to planning to use the paddock for camping/yurts to provide extra income to the property.
The business is promoted via word of mouth locally and they have established a website which is under-utilised at this time to promote the business.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TAR170004. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts Commercial, Taunton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.