Hotel for saleGeorge & Dragon Hotel, 17 Market Place Kirkbymoorside, York, North Yorkshire, YO62 6AA
- Business for sale
- 20 bedroom Coaching Inn/Hotel
- Turnover £559,000, net profit £199,000
- Town centre location, large site
- Between York and North York Moors
- Historic building with owner's accomodation
- Energy Rating C
A charming and historic coaching inn/hotel with 20 en suite bedrooms, traditional bar, restaurant, owner's accommodation, two cottages and ample parking.
A healthy turnover produces excellent adjusted net profits of £199,000.
The George & Dragon is centrally located in the attractive and sought after town of Kirkbymoorside on the A170 mid way between Helmsley and Pickering, approximately 30 miles from the town of Scarborough on the east coast and the City of York, which lies to the south. The hotel is ideally placed as a base to explore Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay and also the Howardrian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Internal Details
There are 20 standard and superior en suite bedrooms, a delightful bar full of charm and character, a restaurant and owner's accommodation spread across three main buildings which make up this large, 'L' shaped site.External Details
Ample parking to the rear, a small patio terrace ideal for external drinking and dining, as well as small garden areas.The Opportunity
The George & Dragon is an attractive coaching inn, with very good ratings on both TripAdvisor and Booking.com and prides itself on a quality food offer based on locally sourced produce, comfortable letting rooms and quality, friendly service.
It is felt that the hotel would make an ideal purchase for a management couple or family, or an experienced leisure and hospitality operator who could capitalise on the excellent work and solid foundations already set in place by our client.
Accounts for year ending August 2017 shows a turnover of £559,580 and an adjusted net profit of £199,395. Accounts show an operating profit of £68,911 but adjustments for depreciation, directors salaries, bank charges, professional fees, the sellers own personal costs and two key salaries which could be saved if under owner operator status.
A full breakdown of profit adjustment is available upon request.
It is felt that there are considerable cost savings to be made should a new owner wish to operate the business on a more hands-on basis than the current owner.
The Rateable Value is £35,000 with effect from April 2017. Confirmation of actual business rates payable should be obtained from the local authority.Regulatory
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-65771891.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Malton (11.0 mi)
Disclaimer - Property reference 5443955-fh. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Christie & Co , Leeds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.