10 bedroom hotel for saleLanteglos, Camelford, Cornwall
- An established and profitable hotel and holiday village close to the North Cornwall coastline.
- Period Manor House providing a 3 Star silver Award country house hotel with 10 letting bedrooms (all en suite).
- Former rectory designed by Pugin in 1847.
- 4 Star holiday village rated by Visit England.
- On site there are 22 three bedroom detached lodges and 49 two bedroom chalets.
- One of the lodges and four of the chalets are included within the sale.
- Detached cottage currently let out as guest accommodation with potential for a self-contained dwelling subject to the necessary consents.
- Set in 12.65 acres of mature landscaped grounds adjoining the Bowood Golf Course.
- Potential for further lodge development on site subject to gaining the relevant planning consents.
- Facilities including games room, children's play area, badminton court, croquet lawn, tennis court, squash court and outdoor heated swimming pool.
The business has been in the same ownership since 1979 and the property is for sale due to retirement. The current owners run a limited season from Easter to October half term and currently have a gross turnover of £247,362 per annum year ending November 2016.
The business has built up high levels of repeat business especially for the hotel. There is potential to operate the business as a wedding venue and is licensed for marriages and the registration of civil partnerships. The conservatory can seat 50 guests and the garden restaurant for a further 100. There is potential to erect a marquee on the tennis court or the croquet lawn in front of the hotel.
Alternatively the property could be converted back into a private dwelling, a restaurant with rooms or into a large holiday let subject to gaining the relevant planning consents.
The country house hotel is rated as 3 Star Silver Award by Visit England. Currently there are arrangements since 2001 with Footpath Holidays which is a walking company
specialising in tourists from America who come over to walk the local area, especially the picturesque South West Coastal Path.
On site there are 22 three bedroom detached lodges and 49 two bedroom chalets that pay ground rents totalling £11,504 per annum in 2016. In addition there is a service charge for the site totalling £120,735 per annum in 2016. Lodge 9 is owned by the property.
In addition 4 chalets are also owned by the property being Chalets 3, 4, 5 and 46. Guests are attracted to the country house hotel due to the location and the access to the North Cornwall coastline. There are many golf courses close by including the adjacent Bowood Park, Trevose, Lanhydrock and St Enodoc which was recently rated the 6th best golf course in England by Golf World.
Stable Cottage to the rear of the hotel has potential to be used as owners accommodation or converted into a self-contained holiday letting cottage subject to gaining the relevant planning consents.
There is further potential to build further lodges on site and previously there was consent to build 18 further detached 3 bedroom lodges at the top of the site.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-66351923.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TAR170038. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts Commercial, Taunton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.