Commercial Development for saleWest Bay, Bridport
Offers in Excess of
19,440 sq. ft.
- 19,440 sq ft (1,806 sq m)
- Approx. 0.45 acre site comprising Yard, Shops, Apartments and a Grade II listed former Customs House measuring approx. 9,000 sq. ft. over 3 floors.
- Currently income producing, circa £197,820 per annum on multiple licences, leases and AST's.
- Mixed use development comprising A1, A3, A5, B1 and Residential uses.
- Fantastic beachside location in popular coastal resort of West Bay, Bridport, Dorset.
- Pre-Application advice currently being sought for further development of shops, restaurant, residential and retail space.
- Unique opportunity to acquire the freehold interest of an income producing beachfront site with fantastic potential for further development subject to the necessary consents.
Situated close to the harbour and beach at West Bay is a stunning listed grade 2* 3-storey building dating back to the 17th century, with a range of further buildings including 3 prime location retail shops with 2 apartments over. The shops and 3-storey building are fully let on short term leases and the apartments are let on assured shorthold tenancies.
The site as a whole extends to approximately 1,806 sq m (19,440 sq ft) and offers significant redevelopment prospects. The site has the unusual and lucrative benefit of mixed-use residential, business and retail sales, including Class A1, A2, A3 and Class B uses.
Planning and Listed buiilding consent is in place for an additional building of about 1500 square feet and an enquiry for pre application advice has been submitted to the local planning authority for a comprehensive re-development of the site which would see the addition of further retail space, a first floor restaurant with prime street frontage and residential accommodation above, all in addition to the retail space in the listed building which has the benefit of planning and listed building consent for class A1 retail sales.
West Bay is a thriving tourist attraction with holiday accommodation much sought after and includes the Parkdean Holiday park and several other nearby camping sites. The promenade, beach, harbour and the resort centre are just feet away from this strategic site.
West Bay forms part of the spectacular World Heritage coast, known as the Jurassic Coast, and recently has enjoyed national and global attention due to being the location for the ITV award winning drama 'Broadchurch'. West Bay offers many excellent attractions including a picturesque harbour, bathing beaches, shops and leisure facilities, together with an 18 hole golf course and magnificent coastal and cliff top walks through land owned or controlled by the National Trust. The immediate area is designated as being One of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The thriving and historic town of Bridport is just 1.5 miles distant, offering an excellent range of shopping and business facilities, together with twice weekly market and popular leisure centre with swimming pool.
The popular coastal resorts of Lyme Regis and Weymouth are also nearby. Dorchester, is about 15 miles to the east with main line rail services to London Waterloo. The A35 provides excellent road access to the South East, South West and the Midlands.
The majority of the site operates as a vintage and retro goods emporium with stands of various sizes let to independent traders on a monthly licence basis, with the whole of the site currnetly producing a relatively low risk annual income of approximately £200,000.The traders are located in the former Customs House building at first and second floor levels, within the yard and former boat store building towards the east entrance to the site. Further income generation is possible from the site.
The café, shops and residential apartments' current rent receivable is in excess of £60,000 per annum.
Offers in excess of £1.75 million are sought for the freehold including the benefit of the existing leases and ASTs.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference YVC170012. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts Commercial, Yeovil. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.