Retail Property (high street) for saleStour Vale Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9
36 sq. m.
- Business for sale
- 387 sq ft (36 sq m)
- Ref 14178H
Lye is a suburban area of the Dudley Metropolitan Borough in the West Midlands, close to Stourbridge, Merry Hill and Dudley.
The business is prominently situated in a corner position close to the Lye Valley Industrial Estate which comprises of 28 Industrial/warehouses and many offices. The business is also close to densely populated residential housing of all types and is on a busy road and as such benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
There is free on street parking outside the business as well as a number of customer parking spaces.
Breakfast House is nicely presented and well signed.
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Breakfast House. There has been a café on these premises for at least 60 years although the current owner has run successfully for the last year and is very reluctantly selling only because of health problems.
Breakfast House sell freshly prepared traditional foods such as;
Breakfasts starting at a 2 star breakfast right through to the Mega 7 Star!
Carvery with a choice of pork or chicken
Hot Paninis and wraps
Pukka Pie meals
Crisps and chocolates
Hot and cold drinks
The business enjoys good visibility on the internet with great reviews from the likes of Facebook, Tripadvisor and Just Eat and Hungry House.
Scope to Improve
1. Advertising and marketing campaign
2. Maximise the use of social media
3. Develop the outside catering side of the business, especially corporate i.e. Business buffets etc.
4. Extend the opening hours, demand for Sunday lunches locally.
5. Increase the seating area, planning permission has just been granted to extend the dining area
6. Improve signage from main roads to direct customers to the business.
PREMISES & EQUIPMENT
Breakfast House occupies a generously proportioned, single storey, detached premises which sits on a nice sized corner plot.
Electrically operated security shutters protect the doors and windows. Glazed door and window to front creating a light airy interior. Further window to side, customer area with vinyl flooring, suspended ceiling with concealed lighting, freestanding cupboard with double doors and coffee machine and slush machine.
Glass fronted serve over counter, generous wrapping area with till and card machine, glass fronted drinks chiller, bespoke crisp raking with basket storage. Bespoke counter with a triple, glass fronted chiller beneath and a generous run of worktops.
Open plan Kitchen.
Comprehensively equipped catering kitchen presented in nice order. Full extraction system with stainless steel canopy, commercial griddle with warming cupboard beneath, twin basket commercial fryer, two microwave ovens, two Buffalo panini machines, single basket fryer, two 4 slot toasters, stainless steel splashbacks, stainless steel hand wash basin with Triton water heater, 7 pot Bain Marie with warmer beneath, stainless steel 3 compartment fridge, wall mounted towel dispenser, window to rear, stainless steel sink with Triton water heater and open storage beneath.
Foster stainless steel upright fridge, 2 stainless steel, commercial upright freezers, freestanding stainless steel store cupboard, stainless steel preparation tables.
To the front of the premises is an external customer seating section and is ideal for al Fresco dining.
The current owner owns the freehold but is selling the business on a leasehold basis with the term to be agreed with the purchaser and a proposed rent of £150pw which is very reasonable given the size and location of this lovely little business.
There are no business rates currently payable.
Monday to Saturday 8-2
The business is owner managed with the help of one full time and two part time members of staff.
The business reports a current turnover of roughly £104,000 per annum.
REASONS TO BUY
1. A well-established business with a great reputation and many existing customers
2. A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, current owner has been running at a pace to suit due to health problems but the turnover has been considerably higher in previous years.
3. Ideal owner managed or husband and wife business
4. Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business
5. Planning permission granted to extend the dining area.
6. Minimal running costs with low rent and utilities and no business rates.
7. Priced to sell…needs to be viewed to appreciate the opportunity this business presents.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 14178H. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hilton Smythe, Bolton . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.